Chapter 19 - [Birth]

MY DEAR FRIENDS

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE!!!!!! For you I have uploaded a long chapter! I really hope you enjoy it. Please, please, please, please, PLEASE let me know what you think! This one is meaty, I hope xD And don't forget to vote!!!!!!

Love,

Luckycharms <3

-------------------------------

- Arius -

As expected, with my uncles return came a whole load of disapproval. Every decision I made, he was unhappy with, and he was ready to do anything to revert it all.

"You sent that many soldiers to a minor city?" My uncle shouted, pacing in front of his throne. "And you took them from the nobles? Are you a fool?"

General Boman had ordered me to not utter a single word against my uncle. So I didn't. I just stared back at my uncle, without faltering for a second.

"Do you not understand how to use resources effectively after spending your entire life in this palace? What have you been studying?"

I blinked. Not a word. I thought. Don't speak. Besides, I had nothing to worry about. My uncle could remove all the changes I had put forth... but their effect was already there. The city that I sent soldiers to? Well their issues were already resolved. And the same went for most of the other things I did.

It was too late now for him to destroy my changes. So I was satisfied.

"Clearly your education is proving worthless!" My uncle said. "And if that is the case then I refuse to waste any more time with you."

My eyebrows rose, taken off guard.

Then what, exactly was he going to do?

Kill me?

I'd like to see him try.

"Tomorrow," he started, "You will be headed north east with Boman. Maybe some military training might help you." He shook his head as he spoke before he sat back down.

He was trying to get rid of me.

But despite knowing exactly what he was doing, I held back a smirk.

Because he thought that this was a bad thing. Maybe he thought that sending me away would make it easier to kill me. He got the soldiers to attempt it the first time after all.

But as I thought of all the benefits of getting the support of the military... getting the soldiers to like me... I couldn't help but smile.

My uncle's plan would completely backfire. And the thought of that was wonderful.

So I smiled, but kept my head down, trying to hide it. And then I spoke, trying to sound as disappointed as possible.

"Yes, my Pharaoh."

---

When I left the throne room, Tabia came running after me. "Why do you not seem upset?"  She hissed when she reached me.

       "Because my uncle miscalculated," I answered, "he doesn't realize that me working closely with the soldiers would help my cause."

       "Yeah, but you're still going to be close with soldiers! Do you remember what happened the last time you were alone with soldiers?"

       "Lord Boman will be there this time," I said. "Nothing will happen."

       "Well in that case, I'm coming too."