Chapter 20 - [Acceptance]

– Chione –

I was certain that I hadn't heard him right. But at the same time, I was also certain that I had. So I just stared at him for what felt like a very long time.

When I was finally able to open my mouth to say something, I saw two guards riding over towards us.

"My Prince!" They called.

Arius turned around quickly, looking surprised.

When the guards reached us, one of them got off their horse. "My Prince, we have been looking everywhere for you."

I noticed many villagers begin to whisper to each other in shock.

Arius looked lost for words. He stared for a moment before shaking his head. "I'm fine," he said. "I'll be staying–"

"General Boman requests that you return immediately," the dismounted guard said. "He is unhappy that you left."

Arius let out a frustrated breath. He then turned to me.

"My prince, we should leave right now–"

"Alright," Arius said, closing his eyes in frustration, "just give me a moment."

I felt my body tense up as he began to walk up to me. "Tell Tey to take care of herself and stay with her for as long as you need."

I nodded, rather absently.

He nodded back before turning around. One of the guards offered Arius his horse, which he declined, and I watched as they walked off, the two guards following him, holding the horses by the reins.

When I returned to the small home, Tey was looking at me in shock. It was obvious that she had heard the whole thing. "He..."

I smiled. "The Prince of Egypt helped in the birth of this baby. Your son has been blessed with one of the greatest of honors."

Tey began to smile widely before tears formed in her eyes. She looked down at her baby. "The Prince of Egypt..."

Tey was doing perfectly well. A few of the elders of the village came to tend to her, so I left just before dawn.

My clothes were still covered with blood, and by the time I returned to the estate, I was exhausted.

The guards at the gate were extremely surprised by the sight for me. I wondered what they thought, seeing a blood covered maid returning like this. Their initial thoughts properly weren't that this blood was a good kind of blood.

I ignored the stares though, and made my way in. I washed myself up to the best of my ability, trying to get the blood out of my clothes. And after that, before I knew it, I had fallen fast asleep.

Despite all that had happened, my mind was empty.

I blamed the exhaustion.

– Arius –

"Stop pacing," Tabia said, rubbing her face with her hands. "You are making me sick."

Her words had no effect. In fact, I didn't really even hear her.

"Arius," she sighed. "What is wrong."

Now I sat down at the foot of her bed.

I had only now returned from being yelled at by General Boman. He was infuriated with the fact that I left without letting him now and told me to promise that next time I wouldn't do that.