Chapter 18 - [Return]

Chione

I was practically skipping back to the servants quarters.

He had kissed my hand.

Arius had kissed my hand.

The Prince of Egypt had kissed my hand.

He thought my hands were special... and the thought made me ecstatic.

I didn't know I could ever feel so happy.

The sensation of his lips touching my hand remained well after he kissed it. And it was driving me insane.

I felt my heart race as I lay down in my bed.

I couldn't deny it. I had fallen for the prince of Egypt.

Arius

I couldn't focus anymore. I had passed the point of denial and now I had realized I was falling for that maid.

My chin rested on my hand as the noblemen voiced his concerns of not yet getting his five soldiers back.

But to be honest, I heard none of it.

I let out a sigh before leaning back in the throne.

I saw Tabia's eyes on me after I sighed. I have her a questioning look before looking back blankly at the nobleman.

Once it was finally over, I felt the urge to go see her. Of course, I didn't exactly have the time to do that. I had way too much to do that afternoon.

And as I thought about everything I had to do, Tabia nudged me aggressively.

"What?" I asked as I turned to her.

"You look... preoccupied." She said, "let me guess... you're in love."

I rolled my eyes, "shut up, Tabia." How on earth was she able to figure these things out?

"Here's what you have to do next," she said. "Go and give her a tight hug and tel her you love her."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"It's either now or never, Air-y," she said. "When the Pharaoh gets back, you probably won't have the chance to mess around with her."

I elbowed my cousin as hard as I could possibly allow myself to.

"Ow!" She hissed.

And with that, I walked off.

The rest of my day went like this... distracted. How was I going to get any work done?

All I could really think about was her coming to my room tonight to hopefully feed me my dinner.

I felt like a foolish child, but at the same time, I didn't try to stop myself... despite knowing how silly this all was.

Whatever I hoped would never happen. She was a maid and I was a prince.

So I tried to tell myself to grow up and be smart.

I told myself that I would stop this now, before it got out of hand.

I had nearly convinced myself.

But then I ran into her in the halls.

She was holding a pot of water, struggling, when I ran into her. When she saw me, she set the pot down and bowed, "my Pharaoh."