| Chapter 11 |

Break Free, by Ariana Grande

| Previously on Chapter 10 |

I hesitated. "I'll try to stop being so 'uptight' if you..."

"Take things a little more seriously?" He turned to face me. Half of his face was hidden by the shadows while the remaining traces of sunlight shone on the other half.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Deal?" I gave him my hand and he shook it.

"Deal." We just sat in silence, enjoying the last few moments of a wonderful day.

"Hey, Natsu?" I murmured, as the ride slowly came to an end.

"Hm?" he replied, still peering out of the window of the box.

"That was fun. Today was fun as well. Thanks." I smiled as he met my gaze and held it for a few seconds before breaking into a grin.

"Glad you think so."

| Chapter 11 |

"Let's take a break," Natsu said, swooping down for his water bottle. He sat down on the floor and chugged the entire bottle down. "I'm beat."

Lucy nodded and sat down, breathing heavily. "Yeah, sure. We're doing pretty well so far, we've mastered the scene where we meet in the woods."

He grinned. "That's why we got the roles, 'cause we nailed that part."

"Of course, there could be some improvements, such as your pose, my pirouettes, your—" she broke off and laughed at Natsu's unamused expression. "Fine, we can work on that later."

"How's your dad?" Natsu asked, lowering his voice. "Is he okay?"

"Yeah, he was released from the hospital yesterday. The doctors gave him some medication and hopefully, he'll be okay." I gave him a tight smile.

"Wow, I can't believe you're actually taking a break," a snide voice said, coming from the door. She turned around to see Lisanna, leaning against the doorframe. "What happened to the mighty and ballet-obsessed Lucy Heartfilia?"

She frowned. "Am I not allowed to breathe for a minute?"

"No, I'm just surprised at your sudden change of character," she said. "Oh, and Igneel wants to see you in his office, Natsu."

"Oh, okay. Lucy, I'll be back soon," Natsu said, walking out. A moment of silence passed. Both Lucy and Lisanna stared fiercely at each other, tension swirling in their midst.

Lucy broke the silence first. "What do you want from me?"

"Want from you?" She looked surprised. "Nothing, obviously. I just don't think..."

"What?" she asked, clenching her fists. "You don't think it's fair?"

"It's none of your concern." She smirked and turned around. "See you around, Lucy Heartfilia."

***

"What did your dad say?" she asked, once Natsu came back.

He shrugged. "He wanted to know how things were."

A smile tugged at her lips, but it couldn't form into a real smile. Her conversation with Lisanna held her back, consuming her thoughts. Why does she have to be so rude? What does she want? "What did you tell him?"

"That we're getting along better." His grin vanished as he looked at her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She stood up. "Let's get going, we should move on to the next scene."

"Come on," Natsu said, frowning. "I know you're lying and you can't dance when something's on your mind."

Are you seriously scared? Stupid, she chastised herself. Father always said if she couldn't handle criticism, she wouldn't make it anywhere in the ballet world. "I'm fine, Natsu," she said, plastering a smile on her face. "It's nothing I can't deal with. Let's just continue."

He stared at her for a few more seconds and she stared back. "Fine, but promise me you'll come and tell me, or someone else, if your relationship gets worse, okay?" She nodded. They started to dance, but something about that sentence kept nagging her, as if there was a needle poking her again and again. In the middle of a fouette, it dawned on her. How does Natsu know about Lisanna and I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| Author's Note - @WriterOf_Feels |

Hey, hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Sorry it's so short, the next one will be a lot longer! We're hurrying through the chapters so we can update twice a week in November, on Tuesdays and Fridays. Excited? We both definitely are!

What do you think of the chapter? What about the whole argument between Lucy and Lisanna? Do you think Lisanna was lying when she said that she didn't want anything from Lucy? How do you think Natsu knew about their tense relationship? Comment your thoughts below, we'd love to hear!

If you liked this chapter / story so far, don't forget to vote and comment! Follows are always appreciated!