| Chapter 26 |

Rock Bottom, By Hailee Steinfeld

| Previously on Chapter 25 |

"Secondly, we'll be having full rehearsals everyday from six to twelve starting this Wednesday, so don't be late," he [Igneel] said, ignoring the groans. "Costume fittings will begin on Friday, and our first performance will be at seven next Saturday!" Cheers erupted from audience. "That's it, have a nice day, everyone!"

| Chapter 26 |

"Lucy, you coming?"

"Yeah, I'm done!" I rushed back to where Natsu stood in the hallway, waiting. We started to walk back to the studio to get our stuff.

"Erza, Levy, Gray, and I are going to grab some pastrami sandwiches for lunch. You wanna come?"

"Sure," I said, hauling my bag up to my shoulder.

After we turned the corner into the next hallway, I saw Lisanna standing by the door to the auditorium with her two friends. A scowl appeared on the white-haired girl as they continued their hushed conversation.

"Can you believe her?" Amanda said, glancing at me.

Megan snorted. "I know right? I can't believe she got the lead role instead of you. She doesn't deserve it at all."

"Lucy's such an annoying person, always shutting herself in a stupid little room and practicing ballet all day. Seriously, does she even have a life?" Lisanna asked, ignoring my presence.

My hands clenched into fists, heat rising to my face.

"Don't listen to them," Natsu said in a low voice, placing a hand on my shoulder. "They just want your attention." I turned to stare at him. He shook his head. "It's not worth it, Lucy."

It was the right thing to ignore them, but at the same time, fury had seized my body and there was no going back. Not after everything that had happened. I shook him off.

"So is that what you think?" I asked, walking up to the trio. "That I don't deserve the lead role?" Amanda and Megan looked at me, at Lisanna, at each other, and ran off.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah. All you care about is yourself. You don't bother to try and cooperate, you think you're too good for us—"

"Are you kidding me?" I said, my voice growing louder. "What about you? You're constantly talking trash behind my back, stuck in your own world, and acting like you own the place!"

"Lucy, Lisanna, both of you calm dow—"

"Be quiet and stay out of this," I said. He held up his hands and walked away. "Go eat lunch without me."

"I'm not trash talking, I'm just stating the facts, Miss Perfection," she said.

"Don't you dare," I said through clenched teeth. "You know nothing about me or what's going on in my life."

She held up her chin. "Yes, I do. You want to be a famous ballerina. You want to to be Miss Goody Two Shoes. You want to be perfect."

"Shut up," I snapped. "Just stop it. Why are you being so mean in the first place? From the day I walked in for the audition, you've been glaring and calling me names—and I'm so sick and tired of it."