| Chapter 27 |

Set It All Free by Scarlett Johansson from the movie Sing

| Previously on Chapter 26 |

"I'm sorry, but I can't play with you anymore. I have to practice ballet everyday now."

"What about our plan? We were gonna go to the beach and make sand castles, and then go and eat chocolate ice cream!"

"I know, I really wanted to go. But Father won't let me play with anyone, not even you! Please don't be mad."

"I can't believe you. You're the worst friend ever!"

"Lisanna!"

| Chapter 27 |

"I never wanted to leave you, I asked over and over again, but my dad wouldn't care!" I said, my voice growing louder. "Why can't you just accept that?"

"That doesn't make up for anything," she shot back, crossing her arms. "None of this would've happened if you hadn't started ballet!"

I narrowed my eyes at her. "Don't insult my father. He meant the best for me."

"Yeah, which shows that you cared more about yourself and your future than our friendship. How could you betray me like that? We were together since forever, and you just had to ruin everything!" she said, her voice cracking.

"It wasn't my fault, for the last time," I snapped. "Stop blaming it all on me."

"I have the right to," she said.

I sighed. I wasn't in the mood for an argument; I was exhausted, hungry, and tired of the constant bickering. "I know. I do deserve it, sort of," I said, my shoulders slumping.

She sniffed. "It's about time you realized it."

"I'm sorry," I said, my eyes on the floor. "I really didn't mean any of it."

Silence stretched across us, and I wondered if I should leave.

"I'm sorry, too," she whispered. "Maybe things would've been better if we had acted differently."

"Friends? Of some sort?" I asked, sticking out my hand.

A small smile teased her lips as she shook it. "Yeah."

***

Over the next few days, we began to wrap up the production. After hours and hours of rehearsing on Wednesday polishing the Cheshire Cat Leap with Natsu, we were able to nail it almost every time. Then, with the entire cast, we practiced the full performance multiple times on Thursday smoothly. Igneel and Mr. Gowan were impressed.

"Okay everyone, make sure to get here on time tomorrow since we're going to do the costume fittings," Erza said. "If anyone is late, you're going to deal with me." She narrowed her eyes and we all nodded.

"I wonder what they'll look like," Lisanna said, smirking. We had gotten closer after we made up two days ago. Erza and Levy were surprised, but they got along fine with her after they saw how genuine Lisanna was.