| Chapter 19 |

Don't Let Me Down, by Chainsmokers ft. Daya

| Previously on Chapter 18 |

She bit her lip. "I'll have to ask my dad, first."

"But you'll go, right?" asked Natsu. "You can't miss it!"

"I guess?" She laughed, nervously. "I just hope I don't get injured or something."

"Wonderful. Everyone will start packing tonight! I'll drive and pick up everyone next morning. We'll leaving tomorrow at six, sharp! No breakfast for anyone! And Natsu, I'll be borrowing your car," Erza said, as orderly as ever.

"What? Why is it my car?"

"No arguments." She glared at him.

"Y-yes, ma'am."

| Chapter 19 |

"Good morning, Lucy," Erza said, stepping out the driver's seat. Levy rolled down the window of the passenger seat and waved to me. I waved back, then turned around to grab my luggage. With Erza's help, I loaded it into the almost completely full trunk. Erza had brought everything she thought was necessary for the occasion, from swimsuits to pool noodles to blankets.

Opening the door to the backseat, I saw Natsu and Gray squabbling with each other. Typical. I squeezed into the remaining seat and closed the door, all the while trying to avoid getting hit by the flying fists.

"NATSU, GRAY!" Erza yelled, pulling a pool noodle out of nowhere and hitting them on the head. They immediately ceased their bickering, sitting quietly in their seats with bumps on their heads. I breathed a sigh of relief and looked out the window. It was the perfect day to go to the beach or have a summer barbecue. The rising sun smiled in the sky and there weren't any clouds. It was early in the morning, so I closed my eyes. A nap didn't sound so bad...

I woke up to the sound of Natsu's voice, who was shaking my arm. "Lucy, we're almost there!" I rubbed my eyes and looked out the window. We were still on the highway, and my eye caught on one of the enormous green signs. Catskill Mountains, 6 miles.

Ten minutes of driving passed. We drove out of an exit and through a seemingly endless maze of left and right turns. The green mountains slowly enlarged in our view.

"If I'm correct, the hotel should be about two blocks ahead." Erza announced. Levy squealed and clapped her hands in delight.

"We haven't been here in forever!" she exclaimed. "Do you guys remember last year?"

Natsu laughed. "Yeah, Gray lost his swim trunks on one of the dives 'magically'." He made air quotes.

"No, I didn't!" Gray said, his ears pink. "Natsu flirted with like, ten girls."

Something tightened in my chest, but a sly grin couldn't help tug the corners of my lips. "Oh, is that so?" I raised an eyebrow.

He punched Gray in the shoulder. "It went well." He wouldn't meet my gaze. Gray rolled his eyes.

Levy turned around from the shotgun. "Don't believe him, Lucy. They all turned him down. Although there was one girl that he 'magically'"—she made air quotes—"managed to entrance." We burst into laughter.