Time for Change

Amanda's POV:
     It had been a week since I broke it off with Simon. I'm finally being discharged from this dreadful hospital. I feel completely empty, but I wanted that to change. "Ms.Holden are you ready to be discharged?" The nurse asked me. Truly I wasn't ready for the responsibility of being alone, but I cannot stay in this place any longer. "Yes I am! Thank you" I reply. I grab all my stuff and sign some forms. I glance one more time at the place where I lost the love of my life and sighed. I turned my back and exited into the parking lot and headed home.

      I turned my keys into the lock of my now lonely home. It felt different, I felt isolated from the rest of the world. I leave my suitcase at the door and practically sprint to the kitchen. I haven't eaten anything decent since I've been in the hospital. I make myself a sandwich and turn on some Netflix. Just doing something so simple had such a huge impact on me. I thought of Simon and started to cry. I wanted him to stay, but I can't be with someone who is so careless with his actions. The tears wouldn't stop, I was now sobbing and had no control of myself. The only answer I had to stop the heartbreak was alcohol. I grab a bottle of tequila and stare at it. I know alcohol is part of the reason I was in the hospital, but at this moment I didn't have a care. I took a swig of the alcohol and instantly threw up. Anger started to take over my body and I threw the bottle. I dreaded this feeling of loneliness, the pain I was feeling now was intolerable. Nothing was helping so I decided to call him. I wanted this feeling gone and this was my last way to have it vanish. "Si-Simon?" I say as the call is picked up. "Amanda how are you feeling are you okay?" He responds. "Please come over." I didn't even ask him, I said it in more of a demanding manner. "I don't think that's a good id-" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence. " I don't care come over." I tell him. I hang up and wait on the couch for him to come.

     I hear a door knob twist and I instantly know he's here. "Amanda?" He shouts as he comes in. "I'm in here" I shout back. When he enter the living room, his face is astonished to see me in such a state.

Simon's POV:
    I enter Amanda's home and instantly see her suitcase. I don't know what's wrong, but I would do anything for her. I walk into the living room and see a broken Amanda and a broken bottle. I run over to her side. "Mandy what's happened?" I ask clearly shocked. "Please just hold me Si." She responds. I do as she says and squeeze her tight in my arms. I never want to let go, I missed having her with me. My shirt becomes wet and I notice she is full on sobbing. "Amanda please talk to me." I tell her as I wipe the tears from her drenched face. "I feel so alone, I no longer have someone to make me feel happy and special. I feel isolated and I hate it. I miss you but refuse to have you break my heart again. I can't stop the pain Simon, and you're the only way to at least make the pain hurt less." She responds. I feel awful and realize how much I truly have broken her. "Amanda I'm so sorry, I know we can't be together but I'm going to help you with this." I reassure her. "No loving, just helping. Okay?" She says in a serious tone. "Only helping, i swear to you!" I reply and continue to hug her.

------------------------------------------------------
SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO LONG!! hope you enjoyed and I love you all💜