Just friends

Amanda's POV:
     I wake up to the sun shining bright in my eyes. I feel hands around my body and remember that I fell asleep in Simon's arms. I felt comfortable, but I couldn't let lust overtake me. I Exit from his grasp and make my way to the kitchen to make some tea. I make two cups of earl grey tea.

       "Si wake up" i say as I lightly tap him on the shoulder. "Mmmm I'm awake" he responded groggily. He sits up and I hand him his cup of tea. "Ooo thank you Amanda." He tells me. I sit down leaving a reasonable distance between us. "So do you want to talk about what's wrong today?" Simon asks me. Truthfully I did, but I didn't know if he would be ready for what I wanted him to do. "Yes I am...I want to start dating someone who will make me happy." I say and his face turned frozen. "Wait did you break it off with me because I couldn't make you happy?" He asked me clearly in a state of shock. "Of course not, but you gave me the same amount of happiness  as you did heartbreak. That's just not what I want." I tell him. "Oh, well I have a friend I can set you up with." He responds. His eyes were staring at the ground. I could tell he was upset and I didn't want him to be. "Si if this is too much I completely understand, you don't have to if you don't want to." I told him. he lets out a sigh and I instantly felt regret. "No, I'll do it. Be ready tonight at 8 for your date." he responds giving a faint smile. "thank you so much Si" I say as I give him a hug.

6 hours later

Simon's POV:
     Amanda walked down the stairs looking as beautiful as ever. She wore a tight red dress and gold heels. I wish I could still call her mine. "Amanda, you look...amazing." I say a bit shocked. "Thanks Si, you know you're a great friend." she tells me. That hurt a bit, but I am the idiot who broke her heart. "Have fun. Should I take care of Eric here or at my house?" I ask. "You can take care of him here darling. I have to go. Thanks again." she responds and heads out to her date.

      I decide to make some pasta and watch netflix. About 30 minutes later I hear a knock at the door. I open the door and see her standing there. "I can't do this." she says. "Amanda...what happened." I respond while giving her a hug. I lead her to the couch and sit her in my lap. "What's wrong babe?" I ask her. "I want to move on, but I can't. I want you too much. It hurts Si, it really does. I want you to be my happiness, but I don't know if I can trust you again." she replies putting her head in the crook of my neck. "I want you so badly Mandy. You can trust me and I'll devote my time into making you the happiest you can ever be." I respond. I take her head in my hands and kiss her. She doesn't pull away. I kiss up and down her neck and she shivers. "Amanda will you be my girlfriend again?" I ask her. She looks confused and I start to regret my words. "As long as you promise to not break my heart this time." she answers. "I promise babe." I gave her a serious look. "then yes." she replies smirking.

IM SO SORRY IT HAS BEEN SO LONG :(