11| Roads

D A I S Y

I wasn't looking forward to home. Not really. The last time I looked forward to going home where when my parents were around. The same could be said about school. I slept with five people before one of them bragged about it. Then three out of the five spoke of their experiences with me.

It didn't take long for the girls to catch up and call me a slut.

Since then, girls have been nothing short of hostile. I let them. When word sprung out about my sleeping around the only good thing it brought back to me was Wilde. After sleeping with him, our relationship had become nothing short of fragile. But with word spreading of my involvement with other guys, it seemed to strengthen the fragile relationship and shift all acts of awkwardness.

I learnt that not all guys were like Kaden and Wilde, they liked to brag, to boast about sleeping around.

It's been three years since the rumours. I was a little surprised to see Grace, holding up a box of muffins in front of my locker. "Daisy!" She chirped. Of all the girls in school, Grace was the only one I could see myself becoming friends with. She didn't care that people turned to glance at us when she spoke to me or the fact I'd slept with Kaden more than once. "I bought these for you, as a welcome back gift."

Balancing on the crutches, I took the box from her.

"I wasn't sure which flavour you liked so I kind of just got them all." She said. "I'm really sorry about cheer too."

"Thanks for the muffins. I guess that's one perk of being off cheer, not caring about what I'm going to eat."

She laughed, "Tell me about it. You can now eat dressings with your salad without worry."

I nearly dropped the muffins when I saw a familiar blonde girl with straight hair come stand by Grace. Of all people, Cecile would be the last person to be by my locker. Her pink lipstick was perfect and glossy, eyes and face the picture of innocent. I think that's what always drew Wilde back to Cecile.

She looked like the perfect christian.

She even wore a fucking gold cross around her neck.

"Daisy!" She said, far too cheery for my liking when she saw me. "It's so good to see you again."

Liar. I thought, "Yeah, it's good to be out of the hospital."

"Yeah," Her smile was tight, not familiar. She turned to Grace, possibly the only real reason she was here in the first place, "Mind if I grab Grace, I need her advice on something."

"No worries. I'll just head over to class."

Cecile brightened turning to Grace and the two girls walked off. I tried not to stare at Cecile, almost automatically comparing us together.

Cecile was slender, not curvy like I was. Her skin was tanner than mine and looked healthier. Her strides were gentle, easy almost. The one thing that gave me a grim sense of satisfaction was her nose was bigger than mine. Otherwise, she was the picture of a faithful christian. I could see Wilde and her walking together, holding hands, eyes filled with love but not lust. He'd be gentle to her, locking away his sins. One day he'll tell her he wasn't perfect and she'd forgive him because she loved him.

I had a theory that people fell for people who had all the qualities they wanted in the other person.

I could see Wilde loving Cecile. He struggled with lust, his deathly sin. I'd heard talk from guys about her not letting them touch her chest or her butt, and how angry she'd get when they went a little low. She'd remind them to respect her.

I can't recall the last time I got angry at someone who's touched my chest or ass.

I headed over to class. Girls didn't seem so angry at me, most seem to pity me. A few kind souls stopped by with well wishes. Wilde didn't come by.

I saw him though, all the roads I took had this habit of going back to him. It didn't matter that Cecile was once again in the picture. All my roads had always led back to him. I had to believe in that. That two of us were pieces from the same puzzle, laid side by side always meant to find each other again and finish the puzzle.