21| Kiss and Tell

D A I S Y 

My palms felt clammy. My mouth was dry and I've never felt this nervous. I couldn't stop thinking of Wilde. Seeing him was always pleasant but now, it felt more like a need. I couldn't think of kissing anyone that wasn't Wilde. 

"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting."

Joey walked in. He smiled at me.

I smiled. "It's okay," I said, "I wasn't waiting all that long anyway."

"So," Joey said, taking the seat across me. He was large easily taking up a lot of space. "What did you want to see me for?"

I used to feel a pull, to people's lips, to glance down to touch them, to feel them, taste them. No longing grabbed me. I let myself grin. "Just to talk," I answered. "How've you been?"

"You've never really been one for talking," Joey teased. 

"Would you like to order anything?" A waitress handed us two black menus, I know my order already but I gave Joey a few minutes to browse through. 

I order orange juice and fish and chips, Joey ordered beer and a stake. 

It was strange, I'd grown so used to craving affection from someone else. It wasn't just a need from one person but the more people liked me, the more I felt I could love myself. It was weak, it was stupid but it was what made me, me.

Now I spent all day thinking of Wilde, of how I never noticed how gentle he was or how he only swore aloud when he was with me. I wanted there to be something more than sex and friendship for us but it always came back to the fact that Wilde was Wilde and I was Daisy.

Wilde's the pure flower in spring, he'd need someone as special and beautiful as he. I was a daisy, common and easy. Easy. 

I hated it, but it was true,  I was easy.

---

Please Vote & Comment your thoughts!