Dangerous Prince: The Choice (chap 7)

i edited my story and added this paragraph on chap one:

Demons like me are also known as 'fallen angels' because we were born as angels who transformed into a demon because we committed murder. But the Frontterra was different. The frontterra was a born demon. The frontterra was a pure blood demon.

^_^

CHAPTER 7

AN AMBUSH

It was already three o'clock in the morning and I was still lying wide-awake on my king-sized bed. I had been staring blankly at the white ceiling impassively for almost five hours and yet I still do not know what was happening to me.

I tried everything just to fall asleep but they had no effect on me. Counting sheep had no effect on me because every time I close my eyes I see Analee's ill - stricken face. I cannot forget how her thin red lips trembled as tears rolled down her rosy cheeks. I could still remember how her blonde hair danced in the air as she turned around to leave Lachlan and me alone. In short - I cannot take her off my mind!

After three hours of nonstop thinking, I successfully convinced myself that I did the right thing but when I closed my eyes and saw Analee's face, I ended up convincing myself again! How could I possibly sleep in this situation?

Urgh! I know I should not have said those things to her, but when I saw Lachlan's arm coiled around her waist I just - I don't know!

Feeling very pissed off, I sat up and then realized that the plasma T.V. across my bed was still on.

"It is very tragic," the male reporter who looked to be around fifty years old said. "The plane crashed in Batan and killed twenty - eight passengers. The pilot said that -"

I turned it off, looked up and stared at the ceiling again. If I prayed for the repose of the souls of the victims in the plane crash... would God listen to me?

A loud tap on my window brought me back from my trance. Who could that be? All the demons except the assigned guards should be asleep by now and I made it clear to all the demons and humans that I do not want to be disturbed while I was sleeping.

Could it be Analee? I did not see her again since I told her those... hurtful things. Maybe she wanted to talk to me now. Should I apologize?

Without more ado, I went off my bed and went straight to the tinted sliding window, which is just at the left side of my room. The window was already half opened when I reached it. I looked outside but there was no demon in sight - just the lake and the pine trees.

When I was already sure that Analee was not outside the castle, I closed the window with a sigh. Maybe it was just... a bird. I closed my eyes, bowed my head and massaged the back of my neck and when I opened my eyes, I saw a crumpled red paper near my right foot. I looked around again and then picked it up and frown at the words written on it in black ink.

Was this one of Analee's tricks?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the angels' castle had a wonderful garden, the demons' castle had a very beautiful lake located just behind it. If Ely was here, I was sure she would like this place. She would never think that the white castle, the lake and the forest behind me belonged to the demons.

No one would think that this place was the demons' home.

"Kira?" The demon moved towards me and stood right next to me. "What are you doing here?"

"I was waiting for someone." I picked up a small stone and threw it on the lake.

"Analee?" he asked.