Dangerous Prince: The Choice (chap 20)

CHAPTER 20

ATTACK

Analee was still asleep when I woke up. My arms were wrapped around her and her head was lying on my chest. I could feel the slow beating of her heart... I could smell her sweet scent. I could... huh.

This was all I wanted to do. I wanted to wake up every morning with her beside me.

But how could that possibly happen if she'll remain a demon after the ritual? Was there no other way to turn her into an angel? I cannot live without her! There had to be other ways to help her!

And there was only one person who could help us. King Gavin.

Carefully, I went out of bed and took a pen and paper. I knew Analee would look for me when she wakes up so I had better leave a letter to her. Huh. There was a big possibility that she will go looking for me in the demons' castle if she did not find me lying beside her. Huh. She was very over protective.

Dear Analee,

I did not leave this castle so relax. I am going to the library to talk to King Gavin. King Gavin knew many things about angels, humans and demons. He also has the Book of Rituals. Maybe he could help us...

Love,

Kira

I folded the paper twice and placed it on the table beside her bed. I bent down and kissed her forehead lightly, not wanting to wake her up. I was only a few steps away from her bed when I heard her calling my name repeatedly.

Tsk... I guess my kiss woke up my sleeping beauty.

"Kira, where are you going?" she asked as she sat up. "Are you going back to the demons' castle?"

"No, I left a letter beside your bed."

She picked it up and read it silently. Her sudden actions surprised me. She went out of bed, run toward me and flung herself unto me. "Don't go to him!"

"But why?"

"Don't go to him!"

"He could help us!" I insisted. "Analee, what is wrong with you?"

She freed me and looked straight into my eyes. "Tell me, Kira. Are you really willing to do anything to save me?"

"Of course!" What kind of question was that? Of course, I want to save her! I love her and I want her beside me forever!

"Why do you want to become an angel again?" she whispered.

"What kind of question is that?"

"Why do you want to become an angel again?"

Rolling my eyes in exasperation, I answered, "Because I love being an angel. There was nothing more that I wanted to be but an angel."

Analee smiled... a sad smile. "Kira, there is no other way to save me. King Gavin cannot help you so you don't have to go to him."

"No!" Grabbing her shoulders and shaking her a little I said, "I won't give up! There could be other ways to help you! King Gavin could -"

"I told you there is no other way!" she screamed, tears rolling down her face. "There is no other way..."

I wiped away her tears and gently kissed her trembling lips. "Sssshhh... don't cry."

"I love you, Kira."

"I love you too..." I love you so much... that was why I will never give up.

************************************************************************