Dangerous Prince: The Choice (chap 14)

CHAPTER 14

FIRST MEETING

When the archdemon found out what had happened to the other three zoa - demons, he went berserk and threw in tantrums. He demanded answers from me but when I said that I did not see what really happened there, he sent me out of his office. I did not tell him about the demon in white cloak, which I assumed to be the frontterra, because I know that he will ask more questions.

I was afraid of what he will do when he found out that the frontterra was a blonde-haired demon. But what if the demon in white cloak was Lachlan? Lachlan could be wearing a wig that time for cover up. Damn, I had to make sure that it was not Lachlan!

But if Lachlan was the frontterra, why would he kill the zoa - demons? If he really wanted to rule the demons all he had to do was kill the archdemon. The zoa - demons were powerful and he could use them to fight against the angels so why kill them?

I stripped naked, took a hot bath and went to my bed. It was only eight o'clock in the evening yet I feel so deadbeat and agitated. I closed my eyes to try to sleep but the image of the demon in white cloak kept on bugging me.

The way the frontterra walked and hold his sword looked so familiar. Lachlan does not walk that way nor holds his sword using his left hand. If Lachlan was not the frontterra then who could it possibly be?

And there was another question in my head. Was the frontterra a he or a she? No one knew if the frontterra was a girl or a boy. How many left-handed blonde demons were there in the castle? Ten? Twenty? The only blonde demons I knew were Patrick, Ronald, Dave... and Analee.

Analee. I wonder where she was tonight. Was she with Lachlan again? Was she going to sleep in his room again? Should I ask her to sleep here instead like in our first meeting? I sighed, closed my eyes and the memories of my first encounter with Analee started playing in my mind. It felt like it was just yesterday.

It happened almost three years from now...

"Kira!" someone screamed. "At last, I found you!"

I turned around to find the source of the noise and saw a blonde demon wearing red sleeveless dress and ankle length leggings standing across my bed. "Who are you and what the hell are you doing in my room in the dead of the night?"

She tucked the loose strands of hair at the back of her ear and sat on my bed. "Sorry to disturb you. I just got so excited when I found out that you live here with the other demons. I have been looking for you for almost five years!"

"Who are you?" I repeated.

"You don't know who I am?"

I arched an eyebrow. "I assure you, this is the first time we met."

"But I am the reason why you became a demon!"

"You are wrong."

"I am not!"

"I became a demon because I killed an angel," I insisted. What was wrong with this girl? First, she materialized here in my room and told me ridiculous things about 'finally finding me' and now she was telling me that she was the reason why I became a demon!

She clucked her tongue and shook her head. "I can't believe this... you can't remember me..."

I got out of my bed and stood right in front of the demon. "Just tell me who you are and why are you here!"

Her eyes widened and then flashed a good - natured grin. "You look so good in that boxer shorts. I never thought that you have a very masculine body."

Damn! I forgot that I was only wearing boxer shorts with printed strawberries! Cursing quietly, I went to my closet and threw in a pair of jeans and white shirt. When I went back to her, she was biting her lower to stop herself from laughing.