Karma

Future A/N: I have started rewriting this series. The rewrite begins with the chapter "Silence" if you would like to skip through the old version of Point Made. I'm planning on keeping the story running a similar plotline so you won't miss anything besides my childhood writing. 😂😂

AN~ I never finished the books. I'm not sure if it was because of how long they were or just how 2D Draco always seemed to me (not like I could write a better version though). This is my attempt at a second ending. 

____/\____

Harry glanced outside as he rubbed his bruised side. The sun was slowly melting into the earth as the day itself faded from existence. He couldn't help but wonder when his last day would be, with the Dursleys or maybe after he defeated Voldemort? He wasn't even sure he had the energy to defeat Voldemort, much less finish the chores he had been given for the day.

It wasn't that he wanted to feel this way. Harry wasn't sure when it had started, but the voices had been getting worse lately. An insufferable pressure in the back of his head. The gryffindor laughed pitifully as he remembered his early beating. Maybe the Dursley's had created the voices. Harry pushed against the spot where Vernon had slammed his head into the wall and winced.

Of course, that was the point. Harry discovered very quickly after Vernon's first beating that the voices had no power over his pain. It clouded his mind in ways that vanquished the voices just as many wizards wished they could Voldemort. However, Voldemort was his job. Harry had to take care of him even if he didn't want too. Even if the idea of killing him caused bile to run up his throat.

Harry still remembered when Dumbledore had first told him, he had held it in until the meeting was over and scurried to the nearest bathroom to empty his stomach. The sour taste had invaded his mouth just as he suspected it would for the rest of his life if he killed someone. 

"Boy! Wheres my dinner?!" Vernon exclaimed as he stomped up the stairs. Harry was tired, so incredibly tired of listening to Vernon's foul mouth speak. He just wanted it to end, all of it. Even his own life.

"Boy! Just because your insolent, lazy parents created you doesn't mean I'll allow you to follow in their footsteps! You will get up and make me my dinner!" The last part was yelled out in one breath and Harry could just imagine how red his face became and realized he was correct as Vernon slammed the door open with such force that the wall it hit was tainted with a crack.

"Who's the lazy one who can't make his own dinner." Harry whispered as he turned back to the window. He felt more than heard as Vernon yanked him up by his hair and dragged him out of the room. 

"You think you're so much better than me and my dear family. Why?! Because of that stupid wizard blood in your system." Vernon pulled Harry up to eye level, "Maybe I should drain you of it." Vernon's eyes had taken on an evil glint as he threw Harry down the stairs.

His body hurt, Harry smiled. He couldn't hear them anymore, those nasty voices that penetrated his thoughts, they were gone. 

"You think this is funny! This is a lesson, boy, I will not have you lounging about while I work all day. I expect a warm meal when i return!" With each sentence Vernon increased Harry's pain in a new way. As blood entered his mouth from both outside and inside Harry realized this might not be a good thing.

If he dies, who'll save the wizarding world? Who will defeat Voldemort? Dumbledore can't tell his right side from his left. It was all Harry, always Harry. As much as he enjoyed the silence in his head he knew he couldn't die here. He had things to do. Even as he started to black out Harry felt his magic pull into his gut, circling inside like a carousel.