Voice Your Apology

AN~ Sorry this chapter is so short. I actually wrote it this morning and expected to write more of it later but ideas for another story are coming really easy so i'm going to spend the rest of the night focusing on that. Hope you enjoy, Deci. <3

Future AN~ So no one could seem to find this chapter and I think I finally figured it out. I'm just not sure how to fix it so I'm gonna repost the chapter and hopefully very quickly move it to the chapter 2 spot. Yes, I haven't forgotten the story. Honestly it's haunting me everyday because I'm just not sure where I want to go with it yet and I'm still trying to decide. I hear you guys and I am trying to make another chapter, I promise. 

Lucius's hands tightened unconsciously around Harry's body as they landed in between the two houses across what used to be the Dursleys' lawn. Police crowded the cement road redirecting traffic as reporters and investigators tried to understand what happened.

The bright blue and red cars brought a new hint of excitement that the residents of Privet Drive hadn't seen for ages, so those who didn't have to work and those who didn't have plans stood outside their doors or in front of the rubble, hugging their own torsos, as they gossiped among themselves.

Harry subconsciously rubbed his arms as a tingling of regret crossed his mind. He had invited the death eaters in. He had broken the peace that once covered this street like a warm blanket. It was his fault that these cars and lights disrupted the daily lives of everyone and made them abnormal.

"Are you alright?" Lucius asked quietly, observing Harry's reaction to his voice. He wasn't disappointed as Harry flinched before turning to look at him.

"I'll be fine when I have my wand in my hands again." Harry answered before looking back at the remains of his old house. The boards lay haphazardly scattered on top of each other like a giant pile of jenga pieces that no one bothered to clean up.

He turned back to Lucius as he heard him whispering and saw Lucius's wand tap him before he felt something descend down his skin. "A disillusionment charm?" Harry guessed.

Lucius looked at him with something like approval before nodding. "Where is your wand?"

"I left on a table by the stairs, last I remember." Harry said, thinking quickly. Lucius nodded and began walking to the scene in a clipped pace. Harry thought he saw Mrs. Figg, but she disappeared too quickly for him to be sure.

"Police are still uncertain what caused the house to collapse, but some of the neighbors say they would often hear screams from the house before this day. It is confirmed that Vernon Dursley, Dudley Dursley and Petunia Dursley are dead. However, their adopted son Harry Potter is still missing. If you see this man please call the missing person's department immediately." A female reporter said from Harry's left, he noticed Lucius slow a bit to listen but as it cut to break he sped back up.

Harry saw the tree in the backyard that Marge's dog had chased him up. It's once prideful branches were bowed because one of them was stuck under rubble. They passed the police line without any trouble and Harry heard Lucius's feet break some board as he maneuvered onto the pile.

"It should be over there." Harry said pointing to where he thought the staircase would be. "You can put me down." Lucius looked unsure for a second but at Harry's exasperated look released him.

"Just be careful, I'll wait over here for you. Yell if something happens, I put up a silencing ward earlier." Lucius turned to look at the crowd before his eyes lit up and he turned back, "Just don't leave this area." Harry nodded in response before making his way to the middle of the rubble.

He pulled up a board assuming Lucius would cover him and began to shift the wood below it trying to find something identifiable. He spotted a shoe rack hidden beneath a board and smiled remembering Petunia putting it in the cupboard when he was moved to a bedroom.

He pulled it out and reached his hand even father back before his hand found the worn out brown suitcase that stowed his wand and magic items. Grinning he dug it out of the pile and opening it, pulled his wand out.

He caressed the holly wood for a minute, relishing in its return, before he grabbed his suitcase and made his way back to Lucius. He looked at Harry curiously before asking, "I thought you left your wand on a table?"

"Must've forgotten I put it away, I guess." Harry responded jumping from the rubble so Lucius couldn't force him to talk anymore. As his feet landed Harry couldn't help a gasp of pain and he grabbed onto a board sticking out as he felt his knees give in.

A police officer turned to look at the loud noise and tapping his partner's shoulder walked to the edge of the rubble looking around. "What's wrong?" His partner asked running a hand through his hair. Lucius jumped down and grabbed Harry's side, picking up both him and his suitcase.

"I thought I heard something." The man said, his blue eyes shining. "Never mind." He nodded at his partner in apology as they returned to their posts. Lucius's heels didn't make a sound as he walked back to the grass that they apparated in on. As Lucius turned around quickly preparing to apparate, Harry stole one last glance at the rubble and chaos that had called everyone out like moths to a flame.

He couldn't even recognize the ceiling from the floor as the pieces mixed together and he was thankful when a small crack sounded in his ear and the green walls of his temporary room greeted him.

As Lucius moved to set him back in bed he noticed Snape sitting on the grey couch that Draco had been on earlier. he nodded at him and placed Harry on the covers before turning to leave.

"Thank you." Harry said just before Lucius left and he turned and smiled at him before closing the door. Harry stared at the silver sheets as he twisted his wand in his hand. "I suppose you're mad at me." Harry whispered breaking the silence.

"I suppose you're happy you got your wand back." Snape joked as he stood up and walked to the bed. "I wanted to apologize." Harry looked up in surprise as Snape took a seat in an uncomfortable looking, wooden chair. He realized it was the same chair Snape was sitting in when he woke up. He wondered how long Snape sat there for.

"My actions earlier were uncalled for. I acted like a child running off like that. I am sorry, Harry." Snape choked out maintaining eye contact with Harry. He was slightly biting his lip and his forehead was wrinkled as he worried about Harry's reaction.

"It was mostly my fault." Harry finally responded, sighing. "The moment I realized my wand was gone, I started worrying about my position at Hogwarts and took it out on you." He looked at the brown door in front of him in thought.

"You'll never have to worry about your position at Hogwarts, Harry." Snape stated fluffing Harry's hair before reaching over to the bedside table and grabbing a vial Harry didn't notice before. "You should get some rest," Snape said handing him the potion. "It's a sleeping draught."

Harry smiled as he drank the potion in one gulp passing the vial back, "Thank you, Professor Snape." He put his glasses on the table sinking deeper into the mattress as Snape's voice began to fade.

"You're very welcome, Mr. Potter."