Button

AN~ Not gonna try to hide it. Pansy is super ooc in this, but I like nice Pansy. She's well...nice. Hope you guys enjoy xD <3

Harry stared at the door, expecting her to come back. He sighed after a couple minutes of waiting and set the vase down. He figured he still had a couple hours until lunch so he could waste some time in his room before coming back down to finish the bouquet.

Sliding open the french door he stepped back into the dining room. The table looked small inside, the chairs all pushed in. He looked around letting the silence sink in as he compared it to that morning. There was no freshly cooked breakfast smell and no conversation to end the quiet.

Harry had lived most of his life in silence, so he left. It didn't seem right for him to enjoy the quiet anymore. Not after meeting the Malfoys, or this version of them. This version of the Malfoys were not bad people. Draco was snarky but he wasn't as big of an ass as he was in school. Narcissa seemed to like to talk to him. Lucius and Snape had actually helped him. Harry wasn't sure where he was supposed to stand anymore.

Was it with the light? The light who abandoned him to the Dursleys every summer, not that he had told the Weasleys or Hermione.  Harry had told Dumbledore though. "Harry, a punishment is a punishment. You must have deserved it." Would the Malfoys feel the same way? Would the dark?

The black walls closed on him like the walls of his cupboard and he was relieved to see one of the paintings from earlier. He stepped forward taking a closer look at the portrait, his hand rubbing his chin. The plump man sat still for a minute staring out of a window that sat outside his room.

He looked like an artist with paintbrushes and canvases scattered around the floor, haphazardly. It looked similar to the wreckage that was the Dursleys' house. "Do you need something?" Despite his friendly appearance the man's voice was cold and Harry shook his head before leaving.

Harry didn't understand himself. Whenever people were nice, he would always break out in a sweat and get nervous. It had happened earlier this morning as well. When they were nice to him, he was unresponsive. It didn't make any sense.

This didn't happen before her. When Harry was in elementary school, he had a teacher named Ms. Mable. She would pull him aside after class, asking him how he was and if Dudley was bullying him again. She was nice.

Harry pushed open the door next to his room and found a white bathroom, the only room he had seen so far without slytherin colors. The floor was a deep molten brown tile. He stepped up to the counter space, looking through the mirror. His hair fell limply around his face.

He picked up a strand, pulling on it and scrunching it, hoping to bring it back to life. He shook his head and dropped it. He noticed the shower behind him and saw a towel on the rack. He smiled. He didn't think the Malfoys would be mad if he used some water.

He refused to look back in the mirror as he stripped down and stepped into the shower. He pulled the white knob out and twisted it to the hot side.

____/\____

"Morning Pansy." Draco called out as he stepped out of the fireplace. He waved at her place on the couch before walking to the kitchen. "Did you not eat breakfast?" She called back, probably in the middle of a book.

"My father and Snape were acting weird." He replied grabbing an apple. He turned to head back but found Pansy in the doorway.

"Weird?"

"Yea, he basically kicked me out of the house before I finished my breakfast. They've been weird ever since Potter got there." Draco whispered pulling out a bar stool and taking a seat.