I was on my way to the Shire, to Bag End, where Bilbo Baggins lived. Bilbo was one of the many hobbits who disapproved of me.

When I arrived at his hobbit hole, the sun was only just begining to set. I knocked, and the disapproval in his voice was all too obvious.

"Flair. What do you want?" Bilbo asked.

"Gandalf sent me, thank you very much." I replied shortly.

"Well, then if you must, come in." he told me reluctantly.

I sat in the living room and waited for Gandalf. Four dwarves arrived, and they were messing up Bilbo's house. Serves him right for being a clean freak.

Then, a bunch of dwarves arrived, but I only counted 12. The thirteenth must be late.

Gandalf introduced me to them, and they all gave me looks of disgust.

After the two who loked to be brothers sang a goofy song, there were three loud, hard knocks on the front door.

"He is here." Gandalf stated solemly.

A few minutes later, Gandalf returned with a new dwarf.

He was taller than me, and his hair was a dark brown, almost black. He had icy blue eyes that were turned to me as he was trying to figure out who I was.

"Who is this?" he demanded.

"This is Flair. She is here to use her vast skills and knowledge to aid us on the quest." Gandalf explained.

"She is an elf and a female. I will not allow her to come." he replied shortly.

I just sighed. See? Rejection. Again. Because of my mother. And my gender.

"She will prove her worth." Gandalf argued.

"I WILL NOT TAKE A WOMAN ON THIS TRIP!!!" Thorin shouted.

"WOULD SOMEONE, FOR ONE IN MY LIFE, JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE?????? EVERYONE JUDGES ME BASED ON MY GENDER, AND THE FACT I AM A MIX OF HOBBIT, ELF, HUMAN, AND DWARF!!!!!! IF I HEAR ONE MORE COMPLAINT, I'M GOING TO THROW SOMETHING! THE ONLY REASON I AM HERE IS BECAUSE I WANT TO AVENGE MY MOTHER!!! JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE!!!" I yelled, walking out.

Kili followed me.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Why do you care? Don't you hate me like your uncle?"

"No, I have no reason to. I don't despise elves."

When we went back inside, Thorin told me I could come as long as I followed his orders.