10

We were riding again, and had just stopped for lunch.

Thorin was sitting across from me, and suddenly, someone from his group of advisors came galloping up with a message.

"King Thorin! It's very urgent!" he exclaimed.

Thorin skimmed over the document, and his eyes went wide.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Dead sure."

"Then ride back and assemble the army. We'll head to Mirkwood and gain the aid of the elves."

"Ok."

He rode off again, and once he was out of sight, I turned to Thorin.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Mass amounts of orcs and goblins, heading straight for Erebor."

"Oh."

"You're going to stay in Erebor, with the other women and children."

"No I'm not! I'm going to fight, and you can't stop me!"

"Am I going to have to order you to stay?"

"I won't listen!"

"Disobedience at such a crucial time is call for death." I stepped closer to him, to the point we were two inches away.

"Then kill me." I whispered.

"You know I can't. Not you." he replied softly, pressing his lips against mine, and setting his hands on my sides.

"Exactly. So I'm fighting, right?" I managed to pull back and ask before he was kissing me again.

"Of course." he mumbled, his lips still against mine.

I pulled back and began to clean up camp.

I think I saw a brief look of disappointment in his eyes, but then it was gone.

We were riding to Mirkwood, and we ran into Legolas halfway through.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Orc and Goblins by the millions heading for Erebor."

"And you need the help of the elvish army. I'll go get them, and we'll be in Erebor in two days."

"Thanks."

After that, we were off again. When we got to Erebor, after making sure Thorin didn't follow, I went to my favorite resturaunt that was made out of a rather large stable and run by my friend Sparkle.

"Flair, what's going on?" Sparkle asked.

"Tons of orcs and goblins are attacking. You need to get Flame and all your other friends in Erebor behind the gates now. King Thorin's orders."

"Ok."

I went to find Thorin, who was thinking about something.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"Debating between two girls I want to propose to,  but I don't have the guts to talk to one, and the other is right in front of me, but she keeps rejecting me." he smiled.

"Pick whoever the other girl is."

"Why?"

"Because I have 2 abilities from my elvish side. Talking to dead people and seeing the future. I'm not coming back from the war."