5

The next day we headed into the mountains.

We almost lost Kili over a cliff, but I caught him before he fell too far.

When we finally found a cave and camped there, I sat outside.

I was trying to remember better days, days in Erebor.

Suddenly, Thorin sat beside me, scaring me.

"I'm sorry I doubted you. I've never hated you. Thank you for saving Kili."

"You're welcome."

"I do remember that day when we were little. I didn't even want to go,  but my grandfather made me, saying that when I'm king, it'd be my job."

"I remember it like it was yesterday. My father was almost everything to me. He was the only reason I had so many friends."

"You lied to Fili."

"How?"

"There was one other time we met before Smaug, but it was the day it happened."

"Oooh."

***FLASHBACK***

I was twenty. It had been fifteen years since my father's death, and King Thror had given my mother a job.

King Thror had also summoned my mother, asking her to bring me for some reason.

The day before, I had just been asked to decide who I would marry from 10 men in town, and I chose none. I did not want to marry anyone, for my father, my role model, was not there to give me away.

I was following my  mother. I had refused to where a dress, and my mother was frustrated with my stubbornness, so she gave up.

We entered the throne room, and King Thror said I was dismissed,  but to stay near by.

Not knowing where to go, I stood outside the door, extremely lost.

"Would you like me to show you around?" came a deep voice from behind me.

I turned to see Thorin standing there.

"Um, sure." I replied.

We walked for a long time, him pointing out people and places, and it all went in one ear and out the other.

We were finally standing on a balcony,  and I was leaned back against a wall.

"The view is beautiful." I commented breathlessly.

"Yes, it is." he replied softly.

I looked away from the city just to find him staring at me.

I was confused. Why would the prince say I was beautiful of people?

"You're beautiful, Flair." he whispered.

He was suddenly very close.

He set a hand on my cheek after brushing the hair from my face.

"What makes you say that?" I asked quietly.

"You're perfect. In every way."

"No I'm not."

"Why do you say that?"

"I-I am not perfect. I am weak. I frustrate my mother and family by refusing to marry."

"Why do you refuse?"

"M-my father cannot be there to give me away."

He was silent.

"You are not weak. You are perfect. Please believe me."

I was silent.

"Flair, please. I am too rash to rule Erebor. Be my queen." he pleaded.

"I-I'm sorry. I can't. N-not without my father." I said softly, tears cascading down my cheeks.

I realized he was only an inch away.

"Please." was all he whispered.

When I shook my head, he kissed me, pressing me to the wall.

No matter how many times I told him no, I still kissed him back.

***END OF FLASHBACK***

I could remember it so clearly that I could still imagine the feeling of his lips on mine.

Wait. He's actually kissing me.

I pulled back suddenly.

"I-I'm sorry, I can't. I told you before."

What do you think Thorin will do? Will he be mad? Will he walk away? Will he hate her forever? Or will he change her mind?