Chapter 5: She likes him

"I'm looking for some guest to come to the lawyers convention, I'm a lawyer by the way" Nathan handed us a piece of card.

"We will be there" Cat immediately responded.

"Okay, see you at the convention" Nathan then gave us a killer smile and left.

"He's hot" Cat said after he left. I shoot her a puzzled face. We went back after that.

"Hey so when's the convention?" I was curious.

"Oh it's uh...tomorrow"

"I see" I was taking a tour around the gigantic house, amazed by the expensive furniture that was put to display.

'Ringggg!' I picked up much phone and answered the call.

"Sam!" the person on the other line went.

"It's been 2 weeks already have you gotten your pay?"

"No I'll get it at the end of the month" I replied.

"We have to pay for the hospital bills quickly or mom will be kicked out of the hospital and no medication would be given to her " Melanie cried.

"My pay's six thousand a week. How can I possibly pay for everything" I asked ridiculously.

"You are a master criminal once and you're working for a rich celebrity, come up with a plan to make her give the money to you"

It took me awhile before I responded "Yes". Betraying Cat or letting my mum die? I don't know what am I supposed to do. Tomorrow's the convention and I had to com up with something quick, so I rang a few of my bad guy friends and told them to kidnap Cat when she's alone so that she would give them money to escape.

~ The next day ~

"Cat hurry we're gonna be late" I yelled out. Cat ran as fast as she could and we set off. For the whole journey, there is only one thing that I had in mind, the plan.

Nathan greeted us when we reached. Cat then followed him around and I called my friends to prepare. I then lured Cat to the basement so that the kidnapping could happen.

"Hey Cat you stay here while I find the car alright?" I put on one of my best acts and ran off to a corner watching for the baddies to arrive.

"Hey look who we have here, Cat Valentine, the rich celebrity, how much do you think we can get for her " one of the baddies speak up.

"Hmm..a million or maybe more" the larger size baddie talked. They charged at her and held her tight.

"Let me go" Cat screamed. I smiled at how this is going as plan.

"Hey! Drop her!" Nathan suddenly appeared. Oh no, I thought. If Nathan called the police, I'm doom! Now it's time for plan b, I sprang up from my hiding place and joined Nathan to beat up the bad guys. We won and they flew away. I ran to Cat and asked her if she's okay. Cat wiped off the dust on her tee shirt and ran to Nathan, thanking him repeatedly.

"I help her escape too" I muttered to myself.

"Hey Cat we gotta go"

"Can't we stay here awhile more?" she pleaded.

"Your butler's calling, go and don't make her wait" Nathan told Cat. We exchange goodbyes and left.

"Sam! Hook me up with Nathan! " was the first thing Cat said when we reached home.

I made a 'pfft'.sound and rolled my eyes "So what now am I supposed to be your love doctor? I thought you can flirt with guys"

"I don't want by relationship to end up in a disaster like my ex" Cat looked as if she is going to cry.

"Okay you've got to play hard to get"

"Firstly, never asked him out, you have to make him ask you out, make him want you. Then always pretend you're busy, but in the end you suddenly show up. You kept the card right? His number and workplace is on the card" I showed her the details, "make a surprise visit tomorrow at his workplace and remember to buy a gift for him too"

"Then come with me! We're going shopping " Cat dragged me to the car and drove me to the shopping mall at a high speed.

"I own this mall" Cat told me, "so you don't have to worry about the fans crowding around me, if they do, they will be permanently banned from this mall"

"Oh I see" I followed her to a men's shop while she choose the clothes for Nathan.

"Do you even know his size?" I asked.

"No that's why I'm buying lots of sizes " she answered as she picked up almost ten pieces of clothes.

"Carry these for me" Cat said after she paid the cashier. However, instead of giving me nicely, she threw the clothes at me.

"Why can't you carry these yourself?" I tried to balance the clothings that she threw at me.

"Why do I have a butler for?" she shoot me a glance.

She drove back home, just to chase me out of the car.

"Sorry but I don't want you ruining my date with Nathan" she shouted as she drove away. I was tired anyway so I went back to my bed to catch some zzs.

It's 4 in the afternoon, I woke up with the sound of my ringing phone. It was Cat. I immediately picked up the phone only to listen to the sobs of Cat.

"Sam I'm coming home because he rejected me!" Cat sobbed, "he said he cannot accept my gifts as it was too expensive! He rejected me!"

"Aww sorry to hear that" I hunged up, couldn't care less about Cat.

Cat arrived home quite quickly, she got so upset about her "date" with Nathan that she bugged me almost every second by asking me "What do I do? How do I get him to like me?" I calmed her down telling her that she could always try again for her second date and told her I would be there this time to guide her. She was so excited by the idea and got me to join her own slumber party in her room.

9pm, I had dinner in my usual place, the butlers and maids dining table.

"Hi I'm Minzy, you're Cat's personal butler right?" one of the maids asked me.

"Yeah I am" I replied.

"It's tough to have Cat bossing you around isn't it? She had 11 butlers before you. You know? And they all either ran off or got fired by Cat, she's a mess"

"Wow that's alot of butlers but hey do you happen to know all about Cat's life?" I asked curiously.

"I work here when Cat appeared so I know most of her life. Why?"

"Do you know anything about Cat's ex and how they broke up" I recalled the fact that she told me her last relationship was a disaster.

"Well, his name is James and he is a really handsome man. Many of the maids, including me, used time like him. He's sweet, a gentleman, and he always put up with Cat no matter how much pain and shoutings he suffered, until one day get had enough of her and hit her. They argued and the next thing we know is that James never step into this house again" Minzy explained.

I felt sorry for her, even though she was the one who cause the break up. I don't want another James scene to happen to her, I have to make things right. I hurriedly finished my meal and got ready for the slumber party with Cat. I changed into my PJs and headed to Cat's room.

"Oh goodie you finally arrived" she greeted me into her room. We had pillow fights that night, she hits me, I hit her and it just keeps going on, until we lost balance and I fell right on top of her, face to face, lips almost touching.

"Get off me" Cat pushed me away.

"Hey I'm going back to my room, I'm tired" I told Cat.

"Aren't you gonna sleep here" she asked me in that innocently high pitched voice.

"No I like my room more, goodnight" I waved goodbye to her. Somehow I'm starting to feel something for her, like I really want to be with her.