Chapter 6: I think I like her

We went out for lunch at an expensive italian restaurant with Nathan the next day, saying that it was his treat for coming to the convention last two days ago. Cat and Nathan acted extremely close to each other and I had became the third wheel, I felt like I was in the way between their romance, like a brick wall between them. I felt envious of them, I don't know why.

"Hey Cat uhm..it was great hanging out with you" Nathan told her.

"It's fun hanging out with you too" Cat smiled.

"So I was thinking, do you wanna go out sometimes?"

"Like on a date?" Cat asked.

"Yeah"

"I'd love to" Cat squealed, giving Nathan a bear hug.

"I'll pick you up during dinner time today, we'll be going to a famous seafood restaurant " Nathan smiled as he waved goodbye.

Ugh.Finally Nathan is gone so I can get some alone time with Cat. I thought to myself. Wait why am I even thinking about that!! I'm just Cat's butler, so why am I feeling so happy to be with Cat! Everything seems so wrong.

~ a few hours later ~

"Hey Cat! Over here!" Nathan called out. I dragged my feet into the car for the date between Nathan and Cat, being the extra person around them. Their having a date so I was ordered by Cat to sit alone by myself at the restaurant, while they had a table beside mine.Well at least they paid for my meal. We didn't go straight home after the meal, instead we went shopping and as usual Cat threw all the stuffs that she bought to me. Ugh, I really can't wait to get home, seeing the two lovebirds flirting with each other make me want to puke. Or is it just seeing Nathan that makes me want to puke?

Finally, after a long and tiring night, Nathan drove us back home, I watched as they hugged goodbye.

"Ow thanks Sam! I owe you one. That date was great!" Cat thanked me as we walked into the house.

"Oh uhmm...no problem" I thought of how Nathan and Cat were today.

"We're meeting up for breakfast tomorrow again, I think he liked me!" Cat squealed.

Again? I thought in my mind. That son of a bitch Nathan! What's so cool about him anyway!

"Oh he's sweet and handsome and perfect" I just realised I shouted my last sentence out loud and Cat replied me with here googly eyes.

~ The next day ~

I had suffered the 13 levels of hell today, this time, Cat and Nathan even touched their nose with each other, Cat kissed Nathan's cheek and Nathan kissed her forehead. Eew. Gross. I felt as if each date they had made my jealousy for Nathan grow stronger, I just want them apart, I just want Nathan out of my life.

"Sam! We even made contact today! Did you see that?" Cat screamed excitedly.

"Yeah I saw EVERYTHING" I rolled my eyes.

My temper went a little overboard today, I pulled out a parking metre, plucked out plants and even burst a kid's soccer ball. How was that possible? I dont know. I think I had a huge crush on Cat now, and I don't know how am I supposed to react, she already got herself a man and I'm just a butler who is in need of money, more importantly, we are of the same gender, I'm not gay and I certainly think that Cat isn't too. I went back to the house to check on Cat, making sure she's alright.

"Sam! Nathan called me! What am I supposed to do!" Cat asked me repeatedly.

I came up with a plan using my quick brain to get them away from each other "answer it" I responded.

"Okay"

"Hello? Nathan?"

"Cat I'm having a gathering with my old friends over here at the the karaoke den near the restaurant we ate yesterday, interested in joining us? Oh and don't bring your butler along, it's a private place"

"Yeah su-" I cut Cat's line short by saying "hard to get! You got to play hard to get! Reject him!"

"You sure?" she whispered.

"Yeah I'm sure"

"Sorry Nathan I can't come" Cat pretended to be disappointed.

"Oh Okay that's a pity. Bye!" Nathan hung the phone up.

"What?! Sam! Look! You made me see Nathan one less time! I don't care about your stupid dating advices anymore I'm telling Nathan I'm coming!" Cat looked angrily at me.

Afraid that I would lose, I hurriedly told Cat "show up at the place suddenly and tell Nathan that you found time to come" She lit up at the great idea I gave her.

I drove Cat to the place and waved her a goodbye, knowing that Nathan didn't want me there.  I went back home, thinking that I finally came get some rest, I tried to have a short nap but I ended up staring at the wall, the only thing in my mind was Cat. I wonder what was Cat doing there, I wonder when will she call me to pick her up, until then I don't know what to do. Every minute seems like hours. I just want to be with Cat.

My phone rang finally rang after a few hours and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I was expecting a reply from Cat.

"Hey Cat is drunk so do you mind picking her up? I drank quite alot myself and I can't fetch her home" Nathan answered the call.

"I'll be right there" I quickly got into the car and drove off.

Nathan waited outside the place helping to supporting Cat.

"Oh hey Sam help me get Cat to stand straight, be careful she's drunk, she can't walk properly" Nathan told me as he pass Cat to me.

"Got it" I piggy backed Cat to the car and sat her at the passenger's seat beside me.

"Nathan Nathan Nathan, Nathan's so handsome, I love Nathan" Cat kept saying in the car.

"Wow how much did you drink Cat?" I asked her. She didn't listen to my question and continue with her talking about her Nathan. I plugged my ears in with some music, not wanting to hear another word about Nathan from her.

"Hey Cat we reached" I plucked my earpiece out as I said.

"Hey Cat you there?" I turned to Cat and found out that she was sound asleep. She is so cute when she's asleep!

"Cat we're here" I whispered as I stroke her cheek gently, noticing one stranded of hair on her nose, I put it back on her hair and stroke her again.

"Huh? We're home?" Cat said tiredly.

"Yeah we are" I quickly pulled my hand back and got out of the car.

"Sam! Today was the best date of my life! Nathan and I did a duet together and he has a great voice!" Cat went obsessing about Nathan again.

"Uhh that's great" I thought about how Nathan and her did a duet together. I felt so upset, Cat seems to have more fun with Nathan than she is with me.

"So what do I do now!" Cat went on.

"Uhh" My eyes were on her and my head went blank. Slowly, my eyes shifted to her lips. I tried to resist the urge to kiss her but my lips seem to have a mind of it's own. I pulled Cat towards me then landing my lips onto hers. She frozed.