Chapter 10

Parham just made fun of me. How could he? I was not even his friend. I kept blabbing to Sara about how I felt.

"Ignore him. He will not remember what he said, she said.

"I know but he did not have to make fun of my crying," I said little hurt.

"Let's go home," she said pulling me out of the class.

Once I reached home threw my bag, did not bother to have lunch, and crashed to bed. I kept thinking of what Parham had told and fell asleep.

I had slept for 5 hours without any disruption. I could see the sun almost setting and realized I would be struggling for the sleep tonight. I quickly freshened up and started to write my assignments, which is I am supposed to submit tomorrow. Why do they give so much I do not understand? We are not in school anymore but still, this is too much.

"Can I come in?" dad asked.

"Dad you can come in anytime and no need to ask," I told him

"Thank you," he said and handed me over a gift box.

Gift box!!

It is not my birthday, no festival nor have I do not anything special but why this gift.

"Is it for me?" I asked him.

"Yes, it is for you," he said and asked me to open it.

I opened the box very carefully and what I got was a surprise.

iPhone 6S Plus!!!

My phone!! Yayy!!!!!

I gave a hug to dad and thanked him so much for this beautiful gift.

"You did your exams well so as a mark of appreciation and guess what?" he wiggled his eyebrows

"A new laptop will be brought home soon," he said smiling.

Laptop!! We then do not have to struggle to go to the cyber café for anything.

Yippee, I kept jumping around and dad went downstairs.

I ran to Sonu's room to show off my new phone and tell her about the new laptop. Nevertheless, she already knew about all this and never told me anything.

Phewww how many secrets they do I thought and went to my room as I had to explore my phone.

First thing I did was sharing my number to all my friends and downloaded necessary apps.

Me: I got a new phone :)

Sara: That's awesome babe :*

Me: Yay!! Now we can text every day.

Sara: Yes, Are you done with your angry mode?

Me: About what?

Sara: About Parham babe!!

Me: Arghhh!!! You just reminded me.

Sara: Ooopss!!! Never mind he would have told for fun. Do you want me to tell him you did not like it?

Me: Are you crazy!! No thank you I am fine and do not want to mess around with boys

We kept texting that never ended and I did not know what dinner I had also and did not realize when I had fallen asleep.

BWEEP bip BWEEP!!

The sound of the alarm was just killing me.

I stopped the clock and went to freshen up thinking for how long I had passed out without even knowing.