Chapter 1

Bayley checked her reflection in the black screen of her phone. She took a deep breath, in an attempt to calm the anxious excitement bubbling up inside her. It had been a month since she had seen her boyfriend in the flesh. Aaron had been there for her since she was just a stupid, naive teenager. He had been with her through it all, he had supported her ascent to her high position in the WWE.
It was an incredible job opportunity to be moved to the main roster, it had been everything that she had wanted since she was 10 years old. The honour of a RAW contract was not without it's disadvantages however. With the position in the company, came a lifestyle of travel. One night in London, the next in The Philippines, the next night to China, the night after in America. Bayley's busy schedule meant that she could not often return home, it meant a long distance relationship with her boyfriend.

She stroked a crease out of her dress, the dress she knew he loved her in, (he had always said that blue was her colour) and braced herself to open the door to their apartment. He was not expecting her, Bayley had decided to fly out to Florida especially to surprise Aaron. She had looked forward to this moment for weeks; picturing the shocked smile on his face, running into his embrace, his kiss.

A smile crept onto Bayley's lips as she carefully turned her key in the lock, placing a hand on the door handle. She took one last breath, before flinging open the door.
"SURPRISE!" Bayley shouted, a smile now stretching from cheek to cheek.

Except, the surprise was not on Aaron; but on Bayley. Who was quite surprised to see her love in her bed with another woman. Perhaps 'mortified' sums up her emotions better.

Bayley was shocked, dumbfounded and speechless. She wanted to scream at him, to shout, to cuss at him, she wanted to hurt him like he had hurt her. But when she opened her lips, nothing but a small squeak would come out. She wanted to cry, to fall to the floor in floods of tears, but she was numb.

It was about this time that Bayley came to know that Aaron had realised he had been caught. He stood out of the bed, wrapping a bed sheet around his waist as he stood, "Pamela. Fuck." He cursed, using her real name as many people close to her tended to. "Look Pam, I swear this isn't what it looks like."

Bayley knew that at this point, she could either stay and fight with him, or she could take flight; removing herself from the situation. So she ran, not really caring where she ended up. She wasn't aware of her surroundings, of her emotions, of anything that had just happened. She wished that this was all just a big nightmare, she wished that she could feel something, anything. She no longer cared about not crying, she wanted to feel emotion; even if that was negative emotion. She didn't like feeling frozen inside.
She soon realised how lost she was and it began to dawn on her that she had nowhere to go. All her friends were all halfway across the country, she had taken a flight to Florida just to see Aaron.
She then became aware of the goosebumps forming on her arms, as she began to become aware of the buckets of rain pelting down her. She shivered as the cold drops hit her, she was only wearing a small blue dress; attire not suited to such weather conditions.
She looked to the sky, embracing the sensation of the icy rain on her skin.
Bayley didn't know what to do, she didn't know who to go to. Then it hit her, one of her best friends was in fact nearby. Wrestler Finn Balor, or Fergal Devitt (his birth name) ; was living in his Florida apartment due to the injury that he was currently nursing.

Bayley reached for her phone, clicking ring on the contact saved to her phone, simply as 'Devitt'.