Chapter 5

Fergal Devitt had been waiting for his iPhone to ring for days. He didn't care if she called, texted, snapchatted, facetimed, or direct messaged him.
He needed to hear from her. He needed to hear her voice. Hell he needed to see her face, to hold her in his arms. But he knew that if he heard that she was okay that he could begin to return to his normal self.
Fergal had been a mess waiting for that call. They say that absence makes the heart grow fonder, this was indeed the case for Fergal. He obsessed over her, seeing her face when he shut his eyes, hearing her voice in his dreams. He knew that she saw him as nothing but a friend, a good friend if that, perhaps even a best friend he thought. He also knew that it would be unfair on her, to bombard her with all of his feelings. Not after everything that had happened.

Fergal smiled as he put down the phone, hearing her voice cleared his mind. He felt as though a tension had been removed. As though stress had been washed away.

That is not to say that his mind was not still bothered. It bothered Fergal that he had new feelings towards his best friend. To him, even her voice down the phone was a beautiful melody. Fergal felt himself longing for her, he wanted to see her, to be with her. He did not understand where these feelings had appeared from, but he wanted them to go back to wherever they had came from. It was not like him to have a crush to this extent, and he didn't like it.

Fergal scratched his face and smiled.
"Ow." He had forgotten about his fractured fingers and pangs of sharp pain was sent through them from movement. He smiled as he thought of how he had hurt his hand. The thrown punch, the expression on Aaron's face as Fergals fist connected with his jaw. When he first saw Bayley that day in her soaked blue dress and her tear stained face, he had vowed to make the source of her pain pay. And he had done just that when he payed a visit to Aaron's apartment earlier that week.

Fergal knew that from that day on, he would protect Bayley against anyone that so much as laid a finger on her. He felt instinctively as though it was his duty to keep her safe.

Fergal groaned as he thought, why'd he have to go and fall for this girl? It would bring both of them nothing but pain. "No." he thought out loud, knowing that no one was nearby to hear him, "It's just a crush. A stupid little crush."

But Fergal could not believe his own words. He needed advice, and he knew that eventually someone would catch on to his feelings towards Bayley. So he reached for his phone, dialling the number of one of his best friends; Rami, perhaps better known on TV as Sami Zayn.

"Hey!" Sami always seemed happy to talk to Fergal, in fact, he always seemed happy about life, "What's up?"
Fergal smiled, "Dude I need help."
"Why? What with?" Sami's positive tone had turned to one that was pure concern.
"I've only gone and fallen' for Pam."
"What! No way Ferg!" Sami had returned to his positive self, "Well at least she's back on the market ya know, if you have a little crush." He was now laughing down the phone.
"I've had crushes, it's just. This feels different. But she's my friend and I-"
Sami wasn't laughing anymore, "Look, I don't think you should go for it, not yet. You need to give her time. On the other hand, I don't think that it would do any harm to let her know how you feel. If you don't then someone else will mate. I've already seen her growing close with Colby." Sami spoke about Bayley's growing friendship with the man known as Seth Rollins.

Fergal sighed, "Alright mate, I'll see you soon. I'm backstage at Raw in a couple of weeks so I guess I'll see you then."

Shit, Fergal realised that he would have to deal with the fact he wouldn't see Bayley for another few weeks. Damnit.