Chapter 2

Fergal Devitt swigged a gulp of beer from his bottle, reclining on his sofa as he began to unwind from his long day. It was hard work as an active performer in the WWE. It was even harder work trying to recover from a potentially career threatening injury. Fergal was bored of rehab. He longed to return to his work, more so than anything he longed to step foot in a ring again. His body ached, but he knew the amount of work it would take to recover from the injury, but with the goal of reclaiming his title in mind, Fergal persevered.
One thing that Fergal missed however was in fact his co-workers, sure many of them called and texted every so often. But he missed his WWE family, his close friends that shared his passion for wrestling.

He flicked over channels on the TV. Nothing capturing his attention for more than a few seconds. Fergal sighed. He could watch TV, if there was anything on. He could read, but he had nothing to read. He could sleep, but most nights Fergal barely slept a wink. He had suffered from insomnia since he was just a small boy.

His phone ringtone blasted through the quiet room, the caller ID of one of his best friends flashed on the screen. Fergal was confused, what did she need at such a late hour.

"Hey? Pam?" He answered the phone.
"Can I stay at your place?" She spoke softly, the words struggling to sound in her throat.
"Where are you? What happened?" He could sense the pain in her voice, concern for his friend washed over him and he grew increasingly panicked. What was she doing here? She should be across the country somewhere?
"I-I'm lost. I was at my apartment. Then I ran. I don't know where I am. I've nowhere to go." Her voice was barely a whisper.
"Ran from what? Are you in a safe place? Get to a place where there are street lamps okay? If possible try and take shelter from the rain. I'm going to come find you okay? Get to a lit up area and stay there."
"Please, stay on the phone. I'm-I'm scared"
"I will Pam, don't you worry I'm not going anywhere."
It didn't take long for Fergal to find Bayley. He jumped from his car, running up to her in the rain. She fell into his arms, bursting into tears at the sight of her old friend.

Fergal lifted her, pulling her tight to attempt to warm her up. He placed her on the passenger seat. Unsure quite how to handle such a situation, he had never seen his happy, bubbly friend so weak and frail. Seeing her, freezing cold, her blue dress soaked through, her world crumbling. Fergal felt pangs of anger that he couldn't explain. He didn't know who had caused her to be so sad, but he knew that he would make that person pay. He would protect his devastated friend. He had to.

Fergal carried her to his apartment, she dug her head deep into his chest, clinging onto him as though he was the lifeboat saving her from drowning.

He placed her carefully on his sofa. Pausing to work out how he would help this girl. He went to his dresser, pulling one of his tshirts and a pair of cotton shorts from the drawers. He handed the soft fabric to Bayley. "That dress is drenched, these are all I have that might fit you. You can change in the bathroom and like wash off your mascara and stuff." He awkwardly explained.
She nodded in response, before changing in his bathroom into his fresh dry clothes and washing off the panda eyes caused by her mascara. The tshirt was slightly big on her, but the shorts had a cotton belt attached so she could tie them firmly around her waist.

When she returned he had brought her thick blankets and pillows. He was unsure, he didn't want her to cry. It hurt him far to much to see her crying, but he wanted to solve whatever problem she might have.
"Have you eaten?" He asked, "Cause I'm starvin"
"No."
"Wanna order pizza?"