Chapter 4

Bayley was crushed. She felt as though she was drowning, but she was so deep underwater that no one could hear her scream. She hadn't checked her phone in days, knowing that Aaron had likely tried to call and text her.
She knew that she should let out her pain, for now she felt she was being eaten by the heartbreak. She knew that she should be angry at her cheating ex boyfriend, but instead, the anger was directed inwards, more and more she grew to blame herself. Maybe she had done something wrong, maybe she wasn't pretty enough, or clever enough or kind enough. Maybe she wasn't enough for him.

She hated herself for trusting him with her love. She had given him everything, when she lost him, she felt she had lost herself. Bayley had thought that he was the one whom she would marry, Bayley had lost the one whom she loved.

Her friends had done everything to help, she knew that she owed them so much. Mercedes had watched romantic movies with her, provided her with icecream and tissues to dry her tears. Rami had consoled her, spending hours talking through the situation. Enzo had tried to humour her, telling her all of his best 'jokes'. She knew that she was lucky to have friends that were there for her. But more and more she questioned their motives, maybe they were only being so kind to her with hopes to gain something from her. She struggled to trust them the way that she once did.

Bayley spent a week in an emotionless state, though knowing how unsafe it would be to take her issues to the ring with her. She focused on her work, as it was the only thing she seemed to be able to connect with. Wrestling had always been there for her, she knew it was all that she could completely trust. Wrestling would not hurt her heart like people did. She put up emotional barriers around her, wore the mask of a smile for TV and nothing else.

Mercedes was growing frustrated by this point, "Sister you need to get over this! I understand that you're heartbroken. I get it! But you need to pick yourself up and get on with life. We care so much about you and we hate to see you like this. Please, for us. You need to move on from him."

Bayley stared at her pink-hair friend. They had been friends for years, in fact they had broken into the business together. Bayley had had the greatest matches of her life against Mercedes. They complimented each other, both in-ring and outside it. She began to nod, not quite sure of what she was agreeing to do. She knew deep down, that she could trust Mercedes. She was one of her best friends! Bayley knew that she had to recover from her broken-heart.
Mercedes pulled her into a hug at seeing her nod. "We're gonna get you through this okay?"
Bayley, for the first time that week, felt motivated. Aaron Solow would not beat her she thought, not with the help of her friends. Aaron had performed his finishing move on her, but that didn't mean that she wouldn't kick out of the three-count. Not with such incredible friends in her corner of the ring.

"Oh," Mercedes started, remembering something, "Will you call Fergal? He's been ringing me night and day to ask about you. He says you're not replying to any of his messages"
Bayley paused, thinking of her unanswered phone, knowing that she would be faced with messages from Aaron also.
Mercedes rose her eyebrows, "Just call the boy, he's been going crazy not hearing from you." She sighed, "He's worried Pam. We all are."

Bayley stared at the blank screen of her phone, scared to turn it on for the risk of seeing Aaron's messages. She took in a deep breath before turning on her phone, realising that she had not answered 54 messages, and had not picked up 61 calls.
Her eyes glimpsed one from Aaron Solow. She did not have to read the message for the emotion to hit her. However, it was not sadness that hit her. But rather anger at the cheat. She typed a two word message to him,

We're over.

She sent the message, before blocking his number and sliding across to delete all the messages he had sent her. She breathed out slowly, as though she was releasing him. She felt lightened, as though she had weight lifted from her shoulders.
Pamela saw that Fergal had sent her many messages. She felt guilty at the thought of him worrying for her. He was one of her best friends and he had helped her so much. She hit call, placing the phone to her ear. The call was picked up immediately, she wondered if he had been waiting by the phone.

"Pamela?" Fergals voice had desperation in it.
"Hi Devitt." Bayley found herself smiling slightly.
"Hey. Oh my god. Are you okay?" Bayley could sense the worry in Fergal's voice.
"I feel like, in the last few minutes that I might be a lot more ok than have been for the entirety of this week" She smiled.
"That's good. That's great Pam!" Fergal breathed a sigh of relief.
"I wanted to thank you Fergal" Bayley was truly grateful, she knew that he didn't have to help her that night.
"No need, I was just doing what anyone else would do for their friend." Fergal reassured her
"Dude, you're not my friend." She replied, with an angry tone in her voice.
Fergal paused, "Oh. I mean-" He panicked, had he done something wrong?
"You're my best friend." Bayley laughed for the first time in a week, knowing that she had tricked Fergal.
Relief washed over Fergal, he was so happy to see that his friend was back to being jokey.
Bayley held her phone to her ear, "Really though Devitt, it means a lot. I owe you one. Is there anyway I can repay you?" She smiled.
"You don't owe me anything-" Fergal was interrupted.
"Dude, is there anyway I can repay you for all that you did?" She cut him off.
Fergal paused, "How's about a hug the next time I see you?" He chuckled.

Bayley laughed, "I'll look forward to it."