Chapter 9

"Hiya Colby." Bayley smiled as Colby jumped from his seat to pull out her chair for her. "Jeeze, you could've told me how fancy this place was. I feel underdressed." Bayley was right, she was most certainly underdressed for this restaurant. She looked down at her simple dress and flats, then up at him in his shirt and tie; he had made a serious effort.

"Don't be stupid, you could make a trash bag look glamorous Pam. You look great, good, lovely."

"Sure Colby." Bayley rolled her eyes with a chuckle, "Hell, if I look okay what does that mean you are, the most well-dressed man in the universe."

Colby laughed nervously, Bayley could sense his anxiety. His nerves affected Bayley, she began to fear the worst about what he wanted to talk to her about.

----------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Fergal Devitt was worried. He could not shake Bayley from his mind. Her hair, her eyes, her smile, her laughter that had the ability to make even the most sad person giggle. What stuck with him the most was the way that she looked in his t-shirt. There was something so cute in seeing her engulfed by his oversized t-shirt. It felt right, as though she was covered by him in the form of a t-shirt. Fergal was wearing that same t-shirt now. That damn smell, it smelt so strongly of her perfume. The slightest whiff of it made him weak at the knees, had she known what effect it would have on him; how it would make her engraved in his mind. He felt butterflies at just a sniff of the shirt.

Fergal was not used to these kinds of feelings, he had had crushes before, he had had girlfriends before; but he could not recall a single woman who had given him such rollercoaster emotions before Bayley. His, were the kinds of feelings that could not be explained in words. They were the kind only expressed best in fine art and great symphonies.

Fergal was truly head over-heels. However he was worried, his mind was overthinking every single situation. He knew that right now Colby Lopez was with his girl. Fergal paused, since when had he thought of Bayley as his girl. This thought did not last long however, what if was too late to tell her his true feelings now. What if Colby was professing his love to her now. On Fergal's mind was the image of Colby's hand on Bayley's shoulder. Him kissing her, grabbing her, holding her in his arms. Fergal could hardly breathe through the jealousy. He knew that Colby had a right to tell Bayley if he did have any feelings for her. After all, it wasn't even as though Colby knew how Fergal felt.
Bayley, was not Fergal's. He had to accept that he was too late, and keep his eyes on the road in front of him. The road back home.

----------------------------------------------

"So... what did you want to talk to me about?" Bayley smiled as she ate a piece of her chicken.

Colby sighed and shuffled in his seat, "Okay. I'm not great at this kind of thing. I tend to ramble and I don't get to the point when I'm nervous, so... sorry if I talk till tomorrow."

"Colb, it's fine. I'm not in any rush to be somewhere." She smiled politely, knowing how nervous he was.

"Alright. Um. Okay, look... I'm only telling you this because I know that it will eat me up inside if I don't. I mean, someone is going to tell you this eventually, I just... I want to be the one to tell you. Tell you first at least. I know that other people share the feelings and honestly I'm surprised that no one has told you already. I also want you to know that you do not have to reciprocate these feelings, there is absolutely no pressure on you. I just wanted to tell you this first, before he does. I just wanted to tell you... that...?"

"Colby what? Tell me what?"

"I... have some feelings for you. I like you Bayley."