Colvert Jackson and the Theif of Storms

(idk how far I'll go with this but ima try)

    Here's a warning to you. If any of this sounds familiar at all, I have some instructions. Instructions for you to follow, for your own safety. Throw this book away.

    I don't care how you get rid of it. Burn it. Use it as a sketchbook. Tear it up. Throw it into the deepest seas(my preference). Just... Don't read this. Because if you feel like any of this applies to you, then you are in for one HELL of a ride.

    And I mean hell. I don't want you blaming me because you got yourself into a situation. No 'COLVERT MY LIFE IS RUINEDZ'. No. So this is your disclaimer.

    Now, you've read Greek Mythology, right? Nevermind that, everyone has. You know demigods too. What if I told you all the myths were real? Yeah. Hold your gasps. It's true. Greek gods are still around. They just take the place of other gods. And they still bang people, and make demigods.

    It all started in school, really. I always hated school. I had to go to some 'special school' because of my ADHD and dyslexia. Otherwise known as 'Colvert Jackson get down from that rooftop right now!', or 'Colvert Jackson, how did you get '÷×:*#!' out of 'truck shoes'?'

But there was this one cool guy, our history teacher. He mostly let us study Greek myths, which was more than fine by me, because I adored Greek mythology. My favorite God is probably Okeanos. His wife is cool too. Either way, our teacber was in a wheelchair, and on Fridays he would charge in in ancient Greek bronze armor with this big ol' lance. It was awesome. And then came the field trip.

    I was sitting on the bus near this snotty girl. I knew her name, but to spite her I always called her 'The snot with no name.' And I was also sitting with my buddy, Pansy. I called him Pan, because it was totally cooler. He had gotten gum in his hair, but I was there to pick it out.

Pan was a weird but cool guy. He was handicapped, wore big shoes, and went everywhere with a sort of limp. Unless there was tofu. Then he was gone. Good lucking stopping him. He ate like a goat too, which was funny to watch, as I dared him to eat the strangest things.

    And then, there was Miss Dickerson. It was obvious why she was a Miss. She was nasty. Gross and mean. Beehive hair, hot pink glasses, singing a 'soul' version of 'Making My Way Downtown'. And she hated me dearly. And adored the shot with no name.

    But this is a story about me. And she always picked on me. Or on Pan, since he was close to me. She yelled at me for walking in the hallway the wrong way, meanwhile Snot sprinted down it. She chewed out Pan for limping, and I almost smacked her. But not really. I'm not sure I could ever hit a lady... Well, maybe if they were as bad as Ms. Dickerson. Or had a horrible last name like hers.

    But anyway, I was on the bus, Pan's next to me, and we arrive. It's lunch time, and we sit to eat. Our history teacher is off explaining something to someone else.

    Then I see Pan getting dragged off, and I am wooshed away by instinct. No one touches my Pan. But as I go in there, there's Ms. Dickerson.

    I don't remember well what happened next. But what I do remember, and remember too well, is seeing my least favorite teacher become a beast, and seeing my favorite teacher throw me a sword.

--

    I live in one of the... Not so great parts of Manhattan. A run down place, but I gotta call it home anyway. It's got my stepdad, Bran, who is a pure nuisance, but it's got my mom. My mom, who I love very much.

    And speaking of mom, when I got home, she was waiting with a blue buffet.

    One of the Jackson family traditions is to make any and all food blue. It's oide to my dad. My real dad. I never knew him, and Mom won't tell me anything about it. Just that I have his bright lime eyes, and wild unruly black hair, and that he was a man of the sea. I don't know what happened to him. But by the way mom's eyes go misty whenever he's mentioned tells me that he might have made his home in the sea; and, if you get my gist, slept down there forever.

    But I come in, and there's everything. Tons of blue candy from the candy shop where Mom works, blue pancakes and waffles, and bleu cheese. There's also a pile of blue saltwater taffy at my place at the table. She knows me too well. I love saltwater taffy. But at the same time I know there's a catch. So I go ahead and announce it.

    "Mom, what's the catch?"It comes from my mouth as I raise an eyebrow. Lots of people think I'm being mean when I act like that, or use 'that tone'. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just kind of blunt. Adults are just overly sensitive.

    "Well... I was just thinking that maybe we could move the trip to this weekend? Bran seems to need me next weekend."

    I wanted to say no. I wanted to say oh heck no. But Mom had enough going on as it was. It would be cruel to say no.

    "That's fine."I gave a grimace of a smile. We always went on my birthday, which was next weekend. But it's fine.

    I wasn't too hurt.
(tbc)