Chapter 17: Best Friends To The End (Bad End)

The wedding day...

"Can my beautiful princess smile?" The Queen of Mewni said to her daughter with happiness.

Star force a smile to appear on her face while wearing a wedding dress given by the Kayters.

"That's my girl" Moon said hugging the bride. "You know Star, you made me so happy today. You're not like the other princesses nowadays that complain"

"Of course Mom, I will do anything to make you happy" Star manage to say without showing any sadness on her face.

"All your friends from Earth are here. It was your father's idea and I also agreed to it besides marriage is an important part of life" The Queen said.

"Really? All of them? I thought you only invited a few" The princess said with excitement.

"Indeed, now get ready the ceremony will start any minute now" Queen Butterfly said exiting the room.

Star is finally alone. Her force happiness turned into the real sadness. She just stand with her head down.

"I cannot do anything right now, everything is too late. I blame myself for not doing anything when I still have the chances" The princess said to herself aloud.

The door slowly open revealing King Butterfly and enter the room. Star put her fake smile again and act fine.

"Come on darling, its time" River said to his daughter with a genuine smile.

The bride just nod in response and come near to her father. They walked out of the room. Star walk through the halls leading to the ceremony escorted by the King.

"Dad, are you happy?" Star asked out of nowhere.

"Of course I am Star. My daughter will get married for the sake of her kingdom" King Butterfly reply.

"I'm glad to hear it" Princess Butterfly said showing a little smile. "Maybe it's not so bad to be married and get stuck with a person I don't love for the rest of my life."

"You really love that Marco boy so much didn't you?" River ask. Star nod in response. "How about this, we'll still sneak at midnight monster hunting with Marco?"

"That will be so cool, Thanks Dad" Star said to her dad.

They both finally reach the door to the ceremony. Star put a smile on her and River did too.

Guards open the door revealing a grand wedding ceremony. All the royalties from different dimensions are there also Star's friends including Marco.

The King and the Princess walk towards the altar where the Prince is waiting. The Prince asked for the Princess hand and she gave it. They both walk to the altar.

"Do you Prince Nicholas Kayter of Aquilla take Princess Star Butterfly of Mewni to be your wife?" The Priest asked.

"I- I do?!" Said the Prince.

"Do you Princess Star Butterfly of Mewni take Prince Nicholas Kayter of Aquilla to be your husband?" The priest asked Star.

Star became silent for 8 seconds then she rolled her eyes and speak.

"Fine" Star said anger can be seen in her eyes. The Queen cough loud enough for Star to hear. "I-I mean I do"

The ceremony continue until it reach into the giving of wedding rings.

"You may now kiss the bride"

Nicholas open Star's veil and slowly press his lips on Star's. Star closed her eyes every tight not wanting to see the face of the prince.