"City Girl"

I was having trouble finding clothes. The farmer's wife was a tiny lady - I didn't even dare to try on her things - I would've most certainly busted the buttons right off!!!

Instead, the boys found me an old shirt of Mattias's that didn't yet fit John, and a pair of Mattias's old work jeans. Mark had already showered and changed into John's clothes, by the time we'd finished, and as usual, he looked way more comfortable in old clothes. He rinsed out his town clothes and hung them up to dry.

Luckily, we had our bags with us, from swimming, so that was good....I had some other clothing in there, but unfotunatly they were a bit skimpy - a skinny black singlet and my very short boardies.

I was NOT wearing those anywhere else except the pool, so I was very thankful for the extra clothes.

I rinsed out my hair, my town clothes and my togs in the shower - I'd been wearing the togs under my clothes earlier - then changed into the old clothes from Mattias. They were much too big, so I ended up unbuttoning the shirt and wearing my black singlet underneath. I also rolled up the sleeves and the cuffs of the jeans, then quickly braided back my wet hair - thank goodness my brush was in my bag with me!

I hung all my clothes up to dry with Mark's - my bright royal blue batwing top, and dark skinny jeans. I was kinda glad that they'd gotten wet, cos they really didn't fit in here anyway.

When I walked out of the bathroom, John and Mattias looked very surprised. I couldn't help laughing at their astonished faces - they sure weren't ignoring me now! I decided to tease them, as a payback for their rudeness earlier.

"What'cha looking at?" I asked, in a cheeky tone.

"Uh.....nothing......you just look nicer, that's all...." Mattias muttered.

I grinned smugly.

That's right, Mattias - never judge people on their first appearance.

John jumped in.

"Yeah! We thought you were one of those city girls....y'know, like one of those woossie girls who can't stand toads and lizards and stuff.....but now you look all country and nice, like one of us!" he exclaimed eagerly.

I flashed a grin at him, a real one this time. "Thanks!......I can play both, you know."

Mattias stole another glance at me again, then turned and walked off, muttering somthing about feeding the cows and looking embarrassed.

The three of us watched him retreat, then went chuckling back to the kitchen to help the mums with the cooking. Later the boys went out to help the farmer, Mr Delton, with some farm jobs, but I stayed back in the kitchen, helping Mum and Mrs Delton cook dinner for us all.

AN: Hey, so my parents got sick,  :( so we're not going away today....so I have enough time to give you an update! :)
Enjoy! :D

   ~Estella_Dean