Water Tag

That water was FREEZING!!!!....and I was only up to my knees.

"Argh!!! Gee, it's COLD!" I gasped to Mattias.

He didn't stop at the edge, but just bombed right in, sending water everywhere. I was sprayed with cold water droplets all over me, and let out a little squeal.

Mattias popped his head up, dark hair dripping.

"Come on, get in!" he called.

I shook my head.

"No way! It's already could enough here, where the only water's up to my knees!"

Mattias waded up towards the bank where I was standing in the shallow water, and splashed me.......He dared to splash me?!

Fine - the fight was on!

I quickly scooped up water in my hands and sprayed it at him.

"Ohh-ho-ho....a water fight, is it?" said Mattias, after he'd wiped some water off his face, "Alright then - I'm in, and you'd better look out!!!!"

He splashed me again, then dove under water in a "secret" shark attack. I scrambled out onto the bank, and when he surfaced, he found that he'd missed.

I stuck my hands on my hips, and rolled my eyes. "Do you really think I'm stupid enough to fall for that one?! Please!!!"

Mattias looked a bit sheepish, and began wading up the bank to catch me. I turned around and ran.

"Catch me if you can!"

Behind me, I heard him splashing out of the water.

"Better run then!" Mattias shouted after me, "Cos when I catch up, I'm gonna duck you!"

I began sprinting as fast as I could. I knew he was faster than me, so I needed to find a hiding place where he couldn't reach me. I was NOT interested in getting ducked in that freezing cold water.

Soon I saw a promising tree, and shimmied up it quickly. Unfortunately, Mattias came up straight after me - he was as good a climber as I was.......I'd have to resort to strategy.

I edged out onto a small branch, which bent over slightly with my 50 kilos on it.

I looked back at Mattias. He must weigh about 70-80 kilos.....perfect.

I edged out further, till I figured that the branch was almooossst at breaking point.......now I was fairly safe - Mattias was too heavy to come out this far.

He came out anyway, and soon the branch was bent almost double with our combined weight!

Suddenly, I realized that I could jump from here to another branch from the tall gum tree next to it - my sagging branch had brought me close enough....... I leapt downwards, grabbed the branch, and swung up tarzan-style. I laughed at Mattias's face as the branch flicked up again. He looked at me and suddenly his face took on a look of stubbornness.

"Fine." he called, "Do you want to get down now, or shall I come up and get you?"

I poked my tongue out at him.

"Come and try!"

I knew the gum tree was straight up and down - totally unclimbable. Then I realized something else.

"Oh, and by the way......I can't actually get down form here, anyway - unless I jump."

Mattias ignored me - he had gotten down, and was doing something at the bottom of my tree.........surely he wasn't cutting it down???!!!!.........He wasn't, so I ignored him in turn, and began looking around again at the beautiful scenery again.

After a while, I looked back down at Mattias. Okay......he was smarter than I thought he was. H was already half-way up the tree - below him were the steps that he had cut into the tree trunk with his pocket knife - and he was cutting higher as he went up.

Right........I needed a new escape plan. I had an idea.

"Hey, Matt!" I called, and he looked up.

"Watch this!"

I leaped out of the tree, and landed with a roll to break the impact. Then I got up and ran like crazy.

I heard him hit the ground with a thump, and I knew he'd started sprinting after me. Sure enough, I heard him calling out.

"Look out Liz - here I come!"

I just ran - as fast as I could go.

A/N:

Run girl, run!!!!!! ......I don't want to think what will happen if Mattias catches you! - I'd get out of there fast, cos he's gonna be a lot stronger and faster than you!.....Good luck.....you'll need it.......*does evil chuckle under breath*

Anyway, peoples, thanks for reading so far, and please vote and comment if you like my story!

Lots of love, Stella

P.S. Have you ever tried spraying water with your hands? I learnt it at my swimming lessons - the teachers would always spray us if we weren't listening......so of course all the kids would practice and learn how to do it too! You ought to try it someday.....it's such fun, and people always look at you and wonder how it's even possible! XD