"Look at Me...."

Mattias touched my cheek softly.

"Look at me, Liza." he said gently.

Oh-oh......Cautiously, I looked up at him. His eyes locked onto mine again, and this time, I couldn't look away.....

I felt myself melting entirely under those soft, soft eyes, and a warm shiver went down my spine. He must've felt it too.......Suddenly, his strong arms wrapped tighter around me, pulling me closer.

I gave in, and melted into his arms, sliding my arms around his neck. Mattias held me tighter and tighter.....so close I couldn't breathe. As I lifted my head and gasped a breath, Mattias couldn't help himself.......His lips crashed onto mine, and he kissed me, again.

But.......this time, I didn't stop him.

It was only for a few seconds. Then, blushing heavily, he stepped back to look at me. My face felt as if it was on fire as well.....but I couldn't take my eyes off his.

We stared at each other for a while, both blushing heavily - although neither of us wanted to break the silence.

Finally, Mattias looked at the floor, and sort of awkwardly wiggled his head a bit, then said,

"Probably we'd...ah...best go back......Dad'll be wanting me to help with the baling, prob'ly......"

I nodded, and swallowed hard. "Okay."

We swam out and back to the edge, climbing up the steep, rocky bank to the path. I was still in a trance.....All I could think of was Mattias and I behind the waterfall.

We walked along in silence for a while, till we got back to the pool near the secret entrance.

"You're shirt's still soaking wet, y'know?" Mattias commented suddenly, and I looked down to see both my dripping black singlet and short boardies clinging closely to me. Embarrassed, I picked up my loose-fitting blue batwing and pulled it on over my wet top and shorts, then turned around to see Mattias staring at me.

"Uhhhh......is something wrong?"

He shook his head, still looking at my eyes.

"Uh, what is it then?....A leaf in my hair?"

This time, he burst into laughter, which broke the tension. I joined in.

"No, nothing like that......" he grinned, and I grinned back in relief.

"So???"

Mattias looked a little embarrassed.

"It's that blue top.....it's such an amazing blue - exactly the same colour as your eyes!"

I smiled and blushed from the compliment.

"Aw, thanks, Matt......that's actually one of the reasons I like it so much."

He smiled shyly.

"Well, you look really nice in it......"

I looked up at Mattias and grinned, then noticed that he was still shirtless. I blushed again.

"Hey, ah, you'd better put your shirt back on, too...."

When I said that, his face suddenly broke into a wide and cheeky grin.

"Good thing you remembered, Liza....I might've accidentally left it behind!"

He walked over and picked up his chequered shirt, draping it over his arm.

"Aren't you gonna put it on?" I asked, feeling embarrassed.

He smirked at me, and crossed his arms, showing off his muscles.

"Yeah....not until I'm dry, though."

I blushed deeper, and tried not to stare - but I couldn't help looking, just a little bit.....and Mattias knew it. His smirk became wider, as he watched my face slowly turning red.

"You look very cute when you're blushing, y'know, Liza."

I blushed harder, and looked at the ground.

"Yeah.....ah, thanks. So are we going or not?" I asked, still being careful to look at the ground.

"Yep - Sure....sorry, I was only teasing. C'mon, follow me."

I looked up at Matt's face, and saw he had thrown his shirt across his shoulders. He was smiling kindly at me, and I knew he had stopped teasing me for now. He ducked down, leading the way back through the passage - I followed him. We began walking quietly back to the house, with Matt talking away normally, pretending that nothing ever happened, while I was still feeling slightly embarrassed, and blushed every time I looked at him.....I think it was a combination of his being shirtless, and what happened behind the waterfall.

I did truly appreciate Matt's random chatter.....it gave me a chance to get my mixed-up emotions back together. Without it, there would've been an awkward silence, and I was very thankful that Matt was making sure I could pull myself together - he was really doing his best to make it all as UN-awkward as possible!

When we reached the paddocks, the sun was out in full strength. I had recovered far enough to poke Matt in the side and ask if he thought he was "dry enough" now......he responded with a chuckle, however, his shirt remained draped across his shoulders.

I thought of another reason, and told him that if he didn't put his shirt back on soon, he'd get extremely sunburnt, and it would be painful. He roared with laughter.

"Hey, Liz - I'll have you know that we boys work outside in all weather here, no matter how hot it gets.....if we're too hot, we just take off our shirts. Mum and Dad don't mind a straw. Besides.....my skin's darker than yours, so I just tan - I've never been sunburnt in my life, no matter how hot it is!"

I rolled my eyes at him.

"You'll get sun cancers then." was the best reply I had left.

He snorted, and then began grinning widely again.

"Don't worry about it.....I know what you're really after - you want me to put my shirt on."

I blushed, and nodded.

"You are correct - that is exactly what I want you to do. Why won't you just put it on?! - it's just a shirt, for goodness sakes!!!"

He laughed at me.

"Why don't you just leave the topic alone, then?" he asked, then imitated my voice, "It's just a shirt, for goodness sakes!!!"

"It's different...." I muttered, then added, "And why won't you wear your shirt, Matt.....please???..."

A/N:

They kissed!!!! Yay!!!!! lol, I'm so excited.......the Miza ship has sailed, finally - or is it the Latt ship?! Sorry.....I'm just totally going crazy over here........but seriously, which do you think is better?
.....Oh, and then.......of course Matt has to be such a tease, and insist on not wearing his shirt......XD

Anyway, I'd love to hear your comments, and if you liked this chapter, please vote!!!!!

Thank you very much - Love Stella! <3

UPDATE: thanks to @Hanna_Smithy, (who was the first one to comment) we have the new ship name - Miza!!!!!
So...............Miza has officially sailed!!!!! Hooray!!!!!  
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️