Whistle!

Mattias headed off across the field, towards a line of trees, which marked where the river was.

We were about halfway across when there was a loud whistle.

Mattias stopped dead in his tracks, and I nearly collided with him.

"What?!"

"Quick, back to the house - that's dad's whistle! He wants us straight away!"

He turned and ran off in another direction, and I followed, not trusting my own sense of direction in the dark.

In about five minutes, I could see the party lights.

"Quick! There they are - let's hurry!" said Mattias. I couldn't go any faster, so he grabbed my arm and pulled me along.

It turns out that they were about to have the cake and open the presents, so we all stood round the big cake and sang "Happy Birthday" to Mr Dalton.

He cut the cake and touched the bottom, and the older cousin called out, "You touched - you've gotta kiss the nearest girl!!!!"

Everyone laughed, then, Mr Delton leaned over and caught his laughing wife around the waist, and kissed her. We all "awwed"...... and then they handed out the cake.

All the boys went back for seconds, and while we were eating, Mr Delton opened our presents.

When it was over, it was almost 10:30, and everyone started leaving.

I helped carry the chairs back, while the boys took the tables, and we packed up all the lights.

On last trip back to the house, Mattias came up and walked beside me, carrying the big table.

"I never got to show you my favorite place, did I?"

I shook my head.

"Do you still wanna see it?" he asked.

"Yeah! Certainly!" I replied, a bit indignantly.

He grinned.

"Cool!" He lowered his voice and continued, "I'll wake you up early tomorrow morning and show you then."

I nodded again, excitedly and whispered back.

"Awesome! I can't wait!"

He chuckled, and went to put his table back at the other side of the shed. I dumped my stack of chairs where they belonged, and made my way back up to the house.

Thankfully, I flopped on my mattress and went straight to sleep - I'd never felt so tired in my life!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Hey! Hey, get up Liza!"

"Mmmhf...." I groaned and sat up, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes. I was half way through an interesting dream, and didn't feel at all like getting up.

Mattias moved into my blurry vision, and my eyes slowly adjusted till I could see his face properly.

"Ugh....what? Seriously, it's like 3 o'clock in the morning!"

Mattias placed a finger on his lips. "Sssh! No need to wake up the whole house....and besides, it's 4:30, actually."

I groaned again. "What does it matter? It's an unearthly time for anyone to be up....I want to go back to sleep!"

Mattias snorted. "Huh - we normally get up at 5-"

I cut him off again. "Well, I normally get up at 8, or 9, so I'm going back to sleep."

I lay down, and curled up in my nice woolly blanket again.

"Lazy girl..." I heard Mattias saying, then suddenly, he pulled off the blanket, picked me up and carried me outside. He dumped me down on the cold wet grass, which made me far more awake.

I bounced back up to my feet.

"Eh! What was that for?!!" I demanded crossly.

Mattias grinned.

"You wouldn't wake up......and if we don't go now, you won't get to see my special place, remember?"

"Oh, yeah....whoops, sorry, I forgot entirely." I said, looking sheepish.

He laughed.

"No problem - you sure aren't easy to wake up, tho! Does your family have to deal with that every day?!"

I blushed. "They know better than to wake me up now, I guess...."

Mattias burst into laughter again, then began running off towards the back paddock.

"This way - see if you can keep up!" he called back at me over his shoulder.

A/N: Lol....lisa is not a morning person! XD......I wonder how she'd go if she married Mattias, and they lived on the farm? lol
It's cute that he wants her to see his favorite place, tho.....awww......

Thanks for reading so far.....if you like this chapter, please vote or comment XD It encourages me a lot! ;)

Love you all,
Stella