Chapter 2: The Velociraptor Paddock

•°• My POV •°•

I growled as the pig ran into the pen, the door slamming down behind it

I growled as the pig ran into the pen, the door slamming down behind it. My sisters and I halted, hissing and snarling at the loss of our meal.

Click! Click! Click!

All five of our heads snapped up toward the catwalk to spot the alpha with his arm raised above his head, clicker in hand.

"Good, girls" the alpha muttered.

Charlie snapped her jaws at him.

"Hey!" The alpha yelled, clicking his clicker afew times.

Once again, all five pairs of eyes were on him, four of which were yellow and mine were light green.

The alpha raised his other hand in the air slowly, his green eyes on the five of us. Charlie, getting impatient, snapped her jaws at me. I hissed and snapped my own jaws right near her face in a warning, straightening her out.

Click! Click! Click!

"Charlie, eyes on me... Nice, Tyler." The alpha said. "Echo, lock it up! Delta, up here!"

Once he regained our attention, he glanced at all of us for a moment before he said, "Aaaand, we're moving." As he slowly walked along the catwalk.

We followed him, Delta snapping at Echo for nearly hitting her with her tail, but they quickly stopped when the alpha clicked his clicker and corrected them.

He stopped and so did we, patiently looking up at him.

All of a sudden, Samantha walked onto the catwalk with a bucket. Knowing that meant food we eyed the bucket hungrily, our mouths practically watering.

Click! Click! Click!

"Eyes on me." Owen said, focusing on him to the best of our abilities.

Samantha reached into the bucket and held a rat up into the air, glancing down at the outside of the paddock bars quickly before looking back at Charlie and calling out, "Charlie, this is what you get!"

She tossed it toward Charlie, who caught the treat in her jaws, snapping them closed and it was gone.

Grabbing another one, she called,"Echo, here you go.

She chucked the dead rat treat toward Echo, who nabbed it in her jaws and chomped it down.

The threw out two more until there was only me.

My eyes pleaded and my claws scratched against each other as I got impatient.

"Tyler." She called, holding the last rat up in the air.

My mouth watered as I eyed the treat hungrily, my toe claw tapping the ground impatiently.

Finally, she launched the treat toward me and I jumped up and seized it in my jaws flawlessly, it disappearing with a snap of my jaws.

"Good girls." Owen praised, holding his hand up in the air before quickly bringing it down and saying, "okay, go."

The five of us ran into the jungle, well, my sister's did, but I hung back, lingering in the bushes as the sound of Owen's co workers clapping at our progress echoed.

Samantha made her way down the stairs and joined up with six other humans, all of which seeming different than all of the other humans I've encountered before.

I listened to them as they talked, able to make out some of the words. I was able to understand basic human communication, especially words I often heard.

I couldn't make out very many of the words they were saying, never really hearing them before. But I still listened and watched intensely as I tried to read their facial expressions.

They seemed to be happy to see Samantha, their voices high and their faces smiling.

A blonde male with blue eyes and a muscular build said something indistinguishable to Samantha before they both smiled and the man's arms suddenly wrapped around Sam.

I shrieked an ear-splitting shriek in detest, not liking my alpha female being touched.

I became visable as I walked out of the jungle, my eyes glaring at the big blonde male as I slowly drew nearer to them.

Samantha smiled, "That's Tyler."

The looks on all of their faces caused me to short in amusement, eyeing all of then fiercely.

Samantha snickered, "Tyler." She commanded, trying to hide the laughter that threatened to burst from her mouth.

I tapped my toe claw and eyed a man with brown hair and chocolate brown eyes to match, he wore a purple button down shirt and brown khaki pants, his brown eyes gazing into mine.

I tilted my head to the side slightly, taking a curious step closer to the bars.

Samantha smirked and giggled deviously at the way I reacted to one of her friends.

The mans cheeks tinted a light red and he averted his soft brown gaze from my sharp light green one nervously.

I chittered softly, barely heard by anyone.

A sudden soft growl rumbled from beside me and I glanced over to see Delta at my side, her yellow eyes looking from me to the humans then back to me.

"What are you doing here, Tyler?" She chirped to me curiously.

"Nothing." I chittered.

"Alright, then. Let's get back to the others." And with that we walked back into the jungle, me making sure to steal a last glance at the man before following behind my older sister.