Chapter 5: Unexpected

A/N: heads up I'm doing a time hop. I don't want to draw out everything too drastically so I'm going a month forward so I can get things rolling. Also there's also going to be a bunch of different POV's during this chapter! I hope you guys are enjoying this story!

Maya's POV

The sun glaring through my window into my eyes was a nice wake up call because I totally wanted to be woke up at 8 in the morning by this. I guess this was a sign for me to get out of bed and get my day started. I grabbed my robe, an extra set of clothes because I never know who will be lurking in the living room when I get out then I started to head to the shower and was startled to see Lucas sitting in the living room watching tv. He looked over at me with a huge grin on his face.

"Well, let's see what's underneath that why don't we?" He said while he smirked.

"God, you're so vile and stop staring at me like that. Isn't a little early for you to be at this already?" I scowled at him.

"Why stop our little game? It's fun getting under your skin." He said while laughing.

"You're an ass." I simply replied.

"You've been back for a month and you're just now realizing that?" He asked sarcastically.

"No, I've always known, but I have better things to do with my time then listen to every asshole remark you have to say to me. Sorry you misunderstood." I said while I gave him a wink as I walked by to go take a shower leaving him speechless.

Rileys POV

I was woke up from a sound sleep by Maya and Lucas already going at it. I wish they would just get together and get it done with already, this going back and forth is turning into an everyday occurrence. I threw on some clothes and walked out in the living room and just stared at him.

"What?" He said.

"Are you really starting in on Maya at 8 in the freaking morning?" I asked him.

"Yup and I'm not even sorry." He said without looking away from the tv.

"God Lucas can you be anymore obvious?" I asked him which caught his glance on me as I sat in the chair next to the couch.

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means it's obvious that you like her so maybe instead of being an asshole to her 24/7 and actually be a decent human being to her maybe she might actually have an interest in you. Just a thought." I explained to him.

"Shhh. She doesn't know does she?" He said in a whisper.

"What do you think jackass?" I said bluntly.

"Okay, one, that's rude coming from you and two, you better be nice because I brought doughnuts for you guys, which are on the kitchen table." He said as he pointed behind him. "Also a man can't change who he is Riley." 

"Watch out there your ego is way past the level it should be at." I said bluntly.

"What are you two doing today?" He asked changing the subject.

"Laundry like a normal person does on their day off." I replied.

"Mind if I join you?" He asked.