Chapter 25: What Could Go Wrong?

A/N: Surpriseeeee! I know you all have been waiting and waiting for an update on this one. I had massive writers block on where I wanted to take this story, but I think I got it now. This is going to take place about 11 and a half months later. Yes, I know major time jump, but that's okay because I know where I'm going from here with it. The start of it will be Maya reflecting on her life since she left her ex at the alter to where she is now. Also some adult content at the end. You have been warned. Hope you enjoy!

Maya's POV

-11- 1/2 Months Later-

My life has been anything, but ordinary the past few years. I almost got married, then ran out on my wedding, dating Josh, my childhood crush and that turned to shit real quick, not what I thought it would be like dating someone you've liked for forever. Then there's Lucas. My night and shining armor who would do anything to protect me. He actually helped land me this amazing job at an art school as an assistant. I stopped waitressing a few months ago. Good thing too because I was just awful at it. If there's one thing I know, it's I'll never be able to fill my mothers shoes in that department. It was a huge transition at first because I went from working every other day or so to having a monday-friday job, going at 50 hours a week. I'm honestly so happy with it because this has been my dream for so long and Lucas helped me achieve this dream. I don't get to see him as much as I would like to, but he understands that I have to put work first.

After work I was walking to my car to head home and to spend some much needed time with Lucas after this long day. I could hear one of my co workers calling my name trying to flag me down. When I turned around it was Ali.

"Calm down Ali, you caught me." I chuckled as I unlocked my car. "What's up?"

"Was wondering if you wanted to come get drinks with us since it was such a long day?" She smiled at me, she reminded me of Riley with how bubbly she is.

"I'm sorry Ali, I have plans with Lucas tonight, or I totally would." I totally felt so bad for rejecting her invite, but Lucas comes first after work, always. "Maybe some other time?"

"We didn't realize you're still with that guy." I felt like the way she said that was rather rude, so I decided to explore what she meant by that.

"What's that suppose to mean?" I replied.

"Oh.. nothing. We just didn't know you were still with him because you don't talk about him all that much. That's all." I think she noticed I took that offensively.

"Just because I'm dating Lucas doesn't mean he has to be everything I speak about at work, I actually take my job very seriously and it's first priority, but as soon as I clock out for the day that changes to Lucas." I carefully explained to her.

"We know you take your work seriously, that's why we all love you here." She smiled.

"I promise I'll go next time." I told her as I got in my car to head home and she headed back towards everyone else.

I pulled out my phone to see I had a missed call and a few missed texts from Lucas. Checking in on me cause I wasn't home on time like I normally am. I texted him back before I started my car.

M: Sorry babe. Got held up after work, on the way home now.

L: It's okay, was just worried. I love you.

M: I love you, too!

When I walked in the door Lucas and Riley were sitting on the couch watching tv and chatting. I don't even think they heard me come in. I walked straight to my room half expecting him to follow because honestly I just wanted to cuddle into him and watch Netflix. I started to get myself around to go take a shower and a text popped up on my phone from Lucas and now I was just annoyed. I grabbed my clothes and headed out there to the bathroom, but made sure my presence was known along the way.

"Glad you guys noticed I walked through the door about 15 minutes ago. I'm going to go take a shower." I sighed and continued walking.

Lucas's POV

"She seems upset." I said to Riley.

"You don't miss a thing do you dumbass?" she said sarcastically while turning off TV. "I saw her come in, but I thought it would be more amusing to see her annoyed at you, now that, that's complete I'm calling it a night and going to bed." She laughed as she got up and headed to her room and shut the door behind her.

I know a way I could fix this.

I quietly opened the bathroom door and shut and locked it. She was singing, I've always found this so cute. I quickly, but quietly got out of my clothes and slipped in the shower with her. I put my hands on her hips, which startled her a little bit, but she eased up when I started kissing her neck.

"I love you." I whispered in her ear. I could tell it made her shiver a little.

"Lucas what are you doing in here, Riley's going to hear us." she finally said once she could focus. I turned her around so she was looking directly at me.

"Maya, she's going hear us either while in here or if we're in your room." I grinned at her. "Besides.. I think you want it equally as bad as I do, you just need some convincing" I winked at her.

"Huckleberry what deluded mental state are you having now?" She retorted.

I didn't give her much time to say anything else after that. I pinned her against the shower wall and started kissing her, she immediately gave right in allowing me to deepen the kiss. I pulled away for a second for some air after awhile and stared at her beautiful ocean blue eyes.

"You're beautiful Maya." I said softly to her.

"Shut up and kiss me." she said sarcastically.

I kissed her so hard instantly dominating her. My hands were holding her at her waist. I then adjusted her legs so they were around me. Since I was in the perfect position to continue this, I slowly started to enter her. I could hear her trying to fight her moan so she wasn't too loud. After going at a steady pace for a few minutes is when I decided to change things up and ram into her.

"How does it feel?" I whispered.

"Fuck Lucas." she moaned.

We kept going until we both climaxed. I slowly pulled out of her and rested my head on her shoulder for a second. No one has ever made me feel the way Maya makes me feel. Being with her almost for a year now has been complete ecstasy. We got ourselves cleaned up and dressed then went to her room. I turned on her TV and turned something on, on netflix for us to watch. As soon as I crawled into bed with her, she cuddled right into me as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you so much Huckleberry, thanks for always putting up with me. I don't know what I would do without you." She said as she nuzzled her face into my chest being too cute.

"I love you, too Maya. So much. Don't ever second guess that." I replied as I kissed her forehead.

Soon enough we both drifted to sleep. This girl makes me the happiest man on earth. Nothing could go wrong at this point. We're so content in our relationship and happy. At least I hope.