Dinner At The Matthews

Third Person.

"So she's not human?" Zay asked as he leaned against his locker while Lucas grabbed his books. "No she's human" Lucas said. "She's just different" Riley said. "And she's standing right here" Maya said.

"And so is her brother" Farkle said. "Uh..." Zay said. "Just so you know you can't fix me. I am what I am for a reason" Maya said. "We don't want to fix you" Riley said "that's a first" Farkle said. "We want to help you feel love again" Lucas said.

Maya looked over to Lucas and her eyes turned purple. No one could see because of her sunglasses. "I don't want to fell love again" Maya said. "Maybe you'll enjoy the feeling once you feel it again" Lucas said,

"That's the thing huckleberry I don't want to feel it again" Maya said. "Do you know what huckleberry means Maya?" Riley asked. "Yes I do" Maya said "so do I" Riley said. Then the bell rung.

"Time to get to class" Lucas said, they all grabbed their books and headed to class. They sat in their usual seats. "Miss Hart I hear that your joining us for dinner today" Mr Matthews said. "What?" Maya asked.

"Didn't Farkle tell you?" Riley asked. Maya faced Farkle. "No he didn't" Maya said. "Oh yeah. That's what I forgot to tell you" Farkle said. "Are you coming or am I going by myself?" Maya asked. "Did you really ask that?" Farkle asked.

"Yes I did" Maya said, "there is no way I'm letting you go alone" Farkle said "good cause there was no way I was going alone" Maya said, "what time?" Maya asked as she turned to Mr Matthews. "6:00 at our house" Mr Matthews said.

"We'll be there" Farkle said then he turned to face Maya. "Wont we?" Farkle asked. "Yeah yeah we'll be there" Maya said "now let's continue with the lesson, in History a lot of well known people have seen things they couldn't explain" Mr Matthews said.

Maya sunk in her seat, "they tried to explain them but... well sometimes they ended up... dead" Mr Matthews added. "What!?" Maya asked. "What's wrong Miss Hart?" Mr Matthews asked. "You said dead... as in these things they couldn't explain..." Maya took a breath.

"They... killed these people" Maya said. "That's right Miss Hart, theses unexplained... people I guess ended up killing innocent people" Mr Matthews. "You don't think that could happen in this era... right?" Farkle asked.

"It's certainly possible Mr Hart" Mrs Matthews said. "But... what if they learn to control it? Are they still dangerous?" Maya asked "they can be. There has been sightings of an unknown magical person walking around" Mr Matthews said.

"Scientists have said that her eyes can change colour and she... well she isn't normal" Mr Matthews said "but she's still human right?" Lucas asked. "Yes she's still human but the legend is this human hasn't been around for years" Mr Matthews said.

"And she's special. She doesn't want to hurt anyone, she just wants to be loved" Mr Matthews said "can we learn about something else?" Maya asked "why? What's wrong Miss Hart?" Mr Matthews asked.

"I'm very uncomfortable with this subject" Maya said "okay then. What would you like to learn about Miss Hart?" Mr Matthews asked "um... the Renaissance?" Maya asked "of course. I love the renaissance." Mr Matthews said

~After School~

Maya and Farkle were getting ready for their dinner with the Matthews. Maya wore her sunglasses like normal, once they were ready they walked to the Matthews household. Farkle pressed the buzzer "The Harts" he said.