message one; zen

drabble ; sick

   "Are you really, really sure you're alright, (Y/N)? I can ask the director if I can take a day off," Zen fretted nervously. You let out a small laugh, trying to cover up your cough.

   "No, seriously, it's fine, Zen. Just do what you have to do and come home. I'm sure I'll be better by then," you answered honestly.

   Silence ensued for a moment, before he let out a slow answer.

   "You have to call me if it gets worse, okay? Let me make breakfast today."

   "Zen, you can't cook."

"What are you trying to say?"

   "I'm trying to say that you can't cook. Now sit down at that table and let me make some eggs."

   Reluctantly, he sat down and twiddles his fingers. He clearly seemed panicked. He looked around anxiously, opening and closing his mouth.

   You turned away, turning up the heat and cracking open some eggs, holding back any signs of sickness.

    Suddenly, warm hands wrapped around your back, cradling you like a baby. You heard Zen's soft voice tickling your ear.

   "For real, okay? Call me if you get sicker."

---

a short and sweet one to start this book off :) thanks for reading!
in his route, he did cook for MC, but never did it mention if it was good ;)