message two; 707 [highschool!au]

= SPOILERS =
IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED 707'S ROUTE I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU TO NOT READ THIS

one shot ; embrace me

Everyone knew he was different. The moment he walked into the school, he was cheerful, never sad, always talking about something, anything, he always had his mouth open. He wasn't afraid to speak up. No one was afraid to go to him, he welcomed anyone with open arms, and talked as if he was a god.

You knew he was different. The moment he walked into school, he dissolved into the facade, 707, never free from something on his mind. Always holding back from saying something, everything, he always hid. He was frightened to say something he knew would hurt the other. He was afraid of his own self, the monster that slept inside of him. He welcomed all with open arms, but never too close. He talked like something was clouding his vision.

You had seen him alone, almost invisible to others. You had seen the suffering in his eyes. And all this revolved around one moment.

He stood, packing up his belongings, yelling at his friends out the hallways that jokingly told him they were going to leave him behind.

"Wait, wait, I'm coming!" Seven was shoving everything into his bag, not caring what got crumpled.

He stopped as the echoes of their footsteps ebbed away into a painful silence.

He stared at the hallway, his hands resting on his unzipped bag.

What would have happened if you hadn't spoken up?

"Seven, are you alright?"

The red-head turned to you in surprise, like he didn't know a single thing you were talking about. But you could see it, in his amber eyes, that he knew what you were talking about.

"What do you mean? Yeah, I'm fine." He smiled at you kindly. But it pained you so much to see him put on this mask of an ideal self, this fake smile that he had scribbled into his personality. This person that he became, 707, shattering everything he had until he couldn't go back.

"No, you aren't, Seven. Stop."

And in that moment, everything he had lived for had crumbled, and in the blur of a moment, his face began turning red.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about. I'm perfectly fine, I'm..."

Tears streamed down his cheeks. His patterned glasses fogged up. He quickly removed them, wiping his eyes. It didn't work, though, as more flowed anyways.

"Can I rant to you?"

"Yeah. You can." Your calm reply and melodic voice filled his ears.

"Y/N, everything at home is so messed up. My parents hate me. I ran away to keep my brother safe. But how do I know that he is safe? He probably hates me, too, and, I-"

You rushed forwards, embracing him tightly. Your short and small figure made your head bury into his neck. Hot tears hit your forehead.

"You're alright, Seven. Keep talking, let it all out. Don't think, breathe and embrace me."

---

Three years later, he wasn't 707 anymore. He was Saeyoung Choi. Not too much had changed, but one thing had always stayed the same. Everyday after coming home, he embraced you.

---

wow lol

thank you for reading! :)