message three ; v

drabble ; saving him

   His photos told a story.

   You picked up the small envelope, opening it carefully. Pictures spilled out onto the hard, wood floor, which was still dusty. The pictures, you realized, were of him and his family.

   The RFA. As you shuffled through them, you noticed how large his smiles used to be, his beautiful grin. His eyes, still young and bright, away from harm. 

   Rika, her blonde, flowing hair. Standing daintily next to V. Her piercing green snake's eyes staring directly into the camera.

   You remembered that day clearly in your head.

   You asking V how to work the camera, him guiding your hands over the buttons and giving a short but enthusiastic guide.

   Rika talking to him quietly after the shoot.

   Her slapping him.

   And you kept shuffling the stack of photos, over and over and over and over again, noticing the small things that changed over the times, after Rika's passing seemed to be the most significant. His smiles seemed to decrease an inch every photo, until he wasn't in them anymore at all.

   Had he really loved Rika? Why was such a kind being like him gone?

   What could you have done to save him?

   But you know the question to that, don't you, (Y/N)?

   Yes.

   Everything.

---

well then