message seven ; 707 [4thwall!au]

drabble ; eternal

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you."

Seven's fingers flipped a picture of his book, trying to look uninterested. After the countless times you had been on his route, you decided to stray off the path that had been decided for you.

Who knew it would bring so much pain?

"Please, Luciel, speak to me. I'm really sorry, and I-"

"Don't call me that."

His ice-cold voice interrupted your apology. You were silent, waiting for him to speak again. "That was your last reset, wasn't it?"

   "Yes, it was."

   And in the next few moments, all his anger flew out in a string of words.

   "I don't understand you, Y/N! Why would you do something so incredibly stupid? Why would you change the game's path? Look what you did, you. . .  you scum. They're dead. They're all dead. And it's because of you!"

   "I, I know! Don't make it sound like you're hurting more than I am, 707!" He snapped back to reality hearing that name. It was so. . . formal. So wrong. Seeing it come out of your lips made him shiver. He hated that name.

   "Y/N," he said quietly. "I, wait. . ."

    The hospital chairs weren't very comfortable to cry in.

    "Y/N. . ." he slowly walked up to you, lightly resting his hands on your knees, bending down.

   "Don't touch me," you gasped meekly.

   "I'm sorry too, Y/N. I should've warned you." you threw your arms around his neck, bringing him closer.

   "Seven, I'm so sorry, I just. . ."

    He patted your back lightly. "Cry your heart out. It's the only thing we can do right now."

    You buried your head into his neck.

    You heard him sighing once, and then wiping away a tear.

    "What a cruel world it is that we live in, Y/N."

---------

wHY DO I WRITE SO MUCH A NG S T ?????¿¿