Chapter 21

"Welcome back Victoria" Mrs Blake stated and I smiled.

The guys and I were all in the conference room since Mrs Blake called for an important meeting to discuss serious business with us.

She cleared her throat signalling the it was time for serious talk.

"In a few days you all will be doing your first group misssion"

The lights dimmed and the projector switched on.

"Your target is Alessio Valdez" his picture appeared on the screen.

"Alessio has a chain of prostitution outlets all over the city he kidnaps girls and forces this lifestyle on them"

"So currently he's in town looking for some new workers for his business and we happen to already know his target"

"Her name is Velvet Mitchell she's eighteen years old and happen to attend your school Payne and Victoria"

I froze and so did Payne as her picture appeared on the screen and I was really hoping that it was someone else named Velvet

My eyes were wide and tears streamed down my face.

"Don't cry baby girl" Payne cooed and wiped my tears.

"Is everything alright ?" Mrs Blake asked with concern

"No it's just that Velvet used to be my bully she's the girl that I beat up" I sniffeled.

"Oh I'm sorry about that Victoria but you can let that get in the way of your mission"

"I won't" I assured her.

As she continued Payne laced our fingers together and gave my hand a supporting squeeze.

So the plan was that Payne and I would observe Velvet for the next few days.

We would install a tracing device somehow on Velvet so we would know her exact location at all times.

It also meant that we all had to go to a Holloween party since that's when he's going to strike.

Xavier would lead Velvet outside knowing that Alessio would follow and I'll be waiting on the roof with my trusty sniper.

The thing about Alessio is that he always comes personally to get his victims it's seriously creepy.

Cole, Payne and Jake would take care of his henchmen.

I sighed clearly annoyed that I had to save the life of someone I despised.

"That's all you guys can go now" Mrs Blake smiled and began assembling her papers.

Payne and I headed straight towards my training room.

I wrapped my knuckles and began on the punching bag.

*Punch*
*Punch*
*Roundhouse Kick*

*Punch*
*Punch*
*Roundhouse Kick*

"Victoria"
"Victoria" Payne shouted and stopped me from throwing another punch.

"Why are you crying?"

I looked up into his forest green eyes and broke down.

He immediately pulled me into his chest and I sobbed into his shoulder.

He rubbed soothing circles on my back and whispered comforting words into my ear.

"Its okay baby girl I won't let her hurt you again" he cooed.

"Promise" I mumbled into his chest.

"Yep" he poped the 'p'.

I giggled.