-Booty Call-Part2-Wroetostar-

requested by the slut for parent aus wroetohood

warning: sadly, no booty calls.
also no smut? like, what is this book becoming? who am i becoming?

words: 1516

harry's POV:

"honey, i'm home!" i called out softly, as i kicked shut the door to mine and vik's apartment behind myself, my arms full of grocery bags. i made my way to the kitchen to set down all the bags on the counter, before going to little aliyah's room to check on her and vik, who i assumed to be in there with her.

i quietly opened the door to aliyah's nursery, not wanting to disturb her if she was asleep. i shuffled inside, before tiptoeing over to her crib. i smiled as i looked down at my baby girl peacefully lying there, fast asleep. i admired her tiny facial features, illuminated by the dim lighting overhead. i was always telling vik how much she looked like him, with her tan skin, dark eyes, and dark hair, which had recently started sprouting from her head. she looked so much like him, even though she came from a foster home and had no actual relation to him.

i stared at her for a bit longer as she slept, remembering the day we adopted her and brought her home to the little nursery we had been decorating every day prior to her arrival. i remembered how incredibly happy vik was to finally be able to be a dad, and how amazing it felt to be able to be part of the reason that he was so happy.

i placed a tiny kiss on aliyah's head, tiny enough to not disturb her sleep, before going to search for my basically perfect husband. i silently closed the nursery door behind me, and started to make my way towards mine and vik's bedroom. as i got closer to the door, i could hear quiet sniffling coming from the other side.

"vik?" i said quietly, as i opened the door, revealing where the sniffles were coming from. vik was sitting on the floor on the opposite side of the room, his face red and puffy and tears streaming down his cheeks. i quickly ran over and scooped him up off the floor, before setting him gently on the edge of the bed. "what's wrong, pumpkin?" i asked, wiping some stray tears off of his face.

"haz," he cried out, before sobbing harder and immediately latching himself to me, burying his head into my shoulder. i brought my hands up to rub his back soothingly, my heart aching as i did so. i hated seeing my baby in pain.

"vik, do you want to tell me what's wrong?" i asked again, after i had felt his sobbing calm down a bit.

"it's j-just so s-stressful," he sobbed out, pulling out of my shoulder and flopping back onto the bed. "all s-she ever d-does is cry, and half the time, i d-don't even know why s-she's crying."

he went into another fit again of sobbing, this time covering his face with his arms. i moved to lay down next to him, running my hand up and down his side as i did, calming him down again. after a few minutes, he removed his arms from his face and rolled over to me, before burying his head in my chest and gently drawing shapes onto my ribs with his pointer finger.

"i thought you loved kids, vik." i said quietly, running my hands gently through his dark hair. he had never shown any sign of being stressed out by aliyah before this, so this was really surprising to me. i completely understood him though, being woken up at 3am by a crying baby almost every night isn't fun. and perhaps the fact that i was always complaining to him about aliyah crying, was not helping his pent up stress.