Kota

Angry voices greeted them before the scene cleared.

They were in Kota's house.

"They can't see us," the angel assured Owen.

Kota, Erica and Jessica sat around the kitchen table, another man with them as well.

Owen immediately recognized him.

It was Kota's father.

Owen's hands formed into fists. That man was a bastard. He was supposed to be gone. Instead he was forcefully pointing a finger in Erica's direction and yelling, profanity spewing from his mouth. Jessica was crying and Kota looked as though he was about to, but anger was in his eyes.

He was shocked to see how aged Erica looked. Grey streaked through her wiry hair, her cheeks were sunken in and permanent dark circles had taken residence under her haunted eyes.

"Leave her alone!" Kota screamed, a vein bulging in his neck.

Mr. Lee turned on his son, his face getting redder. "You think you can talk to me like that?! Think you're man enough to take me on! Here I am on leave for Christmas and you talk to me like that!" He stood quickly, knocking his chair over and grabbed for Kota, dragging him from the table. Erica began to scream and beg, rushing after them. Jessica wailed, not knowing what to do.

Owen made to run in after them, but the angel grabbed him, her strength was surprising. "There's nothing you can do."

"What is he doing here?!" Owen yelled.

She sighed sadly, sounds of fighting were in the background, "You never were there to protect them, to get the Academy to make him leave and Erica able to divorce him. He's here. You're not."

Owen ran a hand through his hair, the stress evident on his face.

The angel cringed as she heard Kota being thrown against the wall. "We must go."