Nathan

The angel returned them to the park, knowing Owen needed a moment.

He paced back and forth, his body tense and ready for a fight. "Is it still going on? Is he still there?" He sounded broken.

Her eyes went wide and she shook her head, "No Owen. That was just a glimpse of what would be, right now, in a world you weren't a part of. The moment was real, but it's now gone."

His shoulders sagged with relief. "I don't need to see anymore."

"But you do," she argued. "You owe it to them." She stepped forward, making Owen look at her, "You understand now that Kota and Sean are better for having you in their lives, but what about the others? My just telling you that won't make you believe. You need to see for yourself."

He held her gaze. If he was being honest with himself, he knew she was right. Seeing was believing.

"Fine. Where to?"

She took his hand. "Back to Sunnyvale Court, to Nathan's"........

Horrific singing hit Owen's eardrums as they arrived in Nathan's living room.

A chubby, fifteen year old Nathan was sitting slouched on the couch, a bottle of booze in hand and belting out, "My-sh*t-for-dad-got-run-over-by-a........reindeeeeeerrrrreeee!!!!"

Owen took one look at the new cast on his arm as well as the black eye he was sporting and immediately knew what had happened. He glanced around the house. "He's gone?"

The angel nodded. "He left two days ago. He won't be back for a few weeks."

Owen's jaw clenched, his heart going out to Nathan. "Just in time to give him another broken bone."

She didn't bother to answer that. They both knew he was right.

"So he drinks," Owen stated.

She nodded. "He's beginning to show violent tendencies as well. He punched a few holes in his walls."

"Jujitsu was a release we found for him," Owen told her.

"You found for him," she clarified.

Nathan's singing began to turn to sobbing as tears streaked down his drunken face.

"Come," she took Owen's hand. "There is more for you to see."