Silas

Fixing the leaking plumbing in a restaurant, was where they found Silas and his father.

His dad was speaking in Greek and at first Owen couldn't understand what was being said. Then suddenly, he did, as though he was speaking English. He turned to the Angel in surprise.

She only smiled, having obviously worked one of her tricks.

He focused his attention back to Silas and Charlie and soon recognized what was a one sided conversation.

"I didn't plan for us to be doing this at 2 am Christmas morning, son. I'm sorry it turned out that way."

Silas only nodded and continued working on the leak.

It continued on like that for a few minutes when Owen finally asked, "Why isn't Silas talking?"

"He hasn't spoken in years."

"What?! Why?"

"It's the way his grief affected him," she explained. "After his mother died, he seemed to be adjusting to the loss fairly well. Only he wasn't, he was holding in the pain. Over time he spoke less and less, until eventually he didn't speak at all. It's been two years. North is his only friend now."

"We had him, Mr. Taylor, Mr. Coleman and Mr. Griffin all go through grief counseling. They all lost parents in one way or another," Owen stated.

"And you made their families full again with yourself and the other boys," she added.

Owen watched Silas for a moment longer. He was a person full of contrasts: strong, powerful, physically intimidating at such a young age. And yet, he was fragile, quiet, unassuming, and cautious.

He was a good person and it pained Owen to see him filled with so much hurt he was unable to utter a word.

This time, he took the angel's hand, ready to go.