Adult!Reborn(3)

I groaned as once again I emptied my stomach into a trashcan. Reborn kneeled behind me as he held my hair out of the way of spewage. Groaning once more as I made sure that my stomach was empty I sat back into Reborn as he comfortingly held me. “Perhaps it would be a good idea to go and have you looked at.” Reborn suggested as I snuggled in his lap.

“I don’t wanna go…” I mumbled.

Reborn ran his fingers through my hair soothingly, “Tsuya, you really need to go and get this checked out. You’ve been sick like this for three days now.”

I shook my head, eyes squeezed shut. “Reborn, no… I don’t wanna go…”

I was about to say something else before I felt the bile in my stomach begin to rise again. I began to toss my lunch again and Reborn sighed, “That’s it I’m taking you to Shamal.”

***

“Awe aren’t you just a cutie!-Ah- puke into the trashcan!” Shamal yelled as I began to lose my stomach contents again.

Reborn’s eyes narrowed at the Mafia doctor’s attempts to flirt with me, “Are you going to figure out what the hell is wrong with my wife, or not?” He was done playing around.

“Well, for the moment I need you to step out of the room so I can figure out what’s wrong with her.”

“Not a chance.” Reborn hissed.

Fuu waddled into the room and put a hand on Reborn’s arm, “Don’t worry, I’ll stay in here to make sure she’s alright. Go ahead to the meeting Tsuna called.”

“But-.” Reborn began.

“No, if my husband had to leave my side to go to this damn meeting that means the Vongola Famiglia needs their best hitman, so go.” She pointed at the door, “If anything important happens I will be sure to waddle over and get you.”

Reborn hesitated, “Babe… go to the meeting. I’m not gonna…ugh… die.” I groaned from my place at the trashcan.

Reborn placed a kiss on my temple, “Are you sure you’ll be alright?” His tone was gentle.

I nodded, “I’ll be alright.” My face turned green, “Just go already!” I murmured before resuming my place back at the trashcan.

Reborn took one last look before Fuu shoved him out the door of the infirmary and then turned to look at Shamal, “You,” She put on her best ‘Hibari glare’, “No funny business with my best friend, you got that?”

Shamal nodded seriously, “I know, I’ll get on it.”

Reborn’s Pov

Thirty-five minutes and two seconds.

                That was how much time had passed since Reborn had left Tsuya in the infirmary. Reborn tapped his foot impatiently as he sat on Tsuna’s left at the meeting table. His boss and brother-in-law was droning on and on about something Reborn couldn’t have cared less about. The Mafioso had just about had it with waiting though. His overactive mind was going through about a million different scenarios and none of them were very pleasing to really dwell upon.

                Suddenly the meeting was interrupted as the door slid open and Fuu waddled in with a tentative smile on her face. Kyoya was now actually looking over at his wife with only a spark of curiosity as to why she was up and about on her feet while eight and a half months pregnant. She made her way to Tsuna who had stood up so she wouldn’t have to bend over to whisper into his ear her message. Reborn however already had a pretty good idea of what was the subject, his heart sped up just a bit.

Tsuna immediately turned to Reborn and motioned for the Mafioso to follow him. Already Reborn was out of the seat heading toward the door with the flustered boss following after him. His strides were long and his fedora pulled low over his eyes. Reborn was determined to find out just what the hell was wrong with his wife and he was going to find out now. Slamming the door open Reborn made his dramatic entrance. Leon had slipped into the shape of a gun, per his partner’s silent request.

“Shamal, what is wrong with Tsuya?” He demanded when he noticed his precious wife in a hospital gown and blearily blinking her eyes around.

The frightened doctor backed away from her as he was holding a cup with a pill in it, “Easy, easy! This is just for her nausea and it won’t harm anything else.”

“What do you mean ‘won’t harm anything else’?” Reborn was losing his patience.

Shamal swallowed hard as he realized just how dangerous this situation was. “I-I mean that Tsuya is… well… for a lack of better words, Tsuya is pregnant.”

Reborn’s world swirled around him.

Pregnant?

Tsuya’s Pov

                I yawned and snuggled into Reborn’s side as we began to settle down to go to sleep. After the great Mafioso recovered from his near fainting experience earlier he’d been glued to my side. It was actually a little funny to watch him be more protective than usual. I mean he’d even shot at Tsuna when my brother had burst into our room unannounced.  Even now he had his arms wound around me tighter than usual as he pulled me to rest my head on his t-shirt clad chest. Curling my legs up a bit I snuggled into him even further as he chuckled and ran his hands through my hair.

“Reborn?” Came my soft voice.

“Hm?” The reverberations sounded in my ear pressed to his chest.

“Are you happy?”

Reborn turned his head to look down at me with a quizzical eye, “What do you mean Tsuya?”

“Are you excited to find out that you’re gonna be a father?” I felt my heart begin to pick up pace. What if he didn’t want to be a father? What would I do then?

Reborn laughed and kissed me passionately, “I’m happier than you could ever know. I have my beautiful wife here giving me children who will grow up to be amazing mafiosos. What else could I want?”

I partially shrugged, “I don’t know I mean there was Bianchi all those years ago…”

Immediately he sat up and held me tight by my upper arms, his face looking into mine seriously, “Bianchi was a convenience, you are not. If I had any thoughts that you would have been something like that I wouldn’t have bothered marrying you.”

“But still… after this child my body won’t look the same…”

Reborn sighed heavily, “You don’t get it, I want you and only you. I don’t care what your body looks like because I’m in love with you.”

Tears began to sting the corners of my eyes, “R-Reborn.” I sniffled.

He smiled gently and wiped the tears, “Your hormones are bouncing all over the place aren’t they?”

I sniffled once more and nodded, “They are off the fucking wall at the moment.”

“I can tell but for now go to sleep, you’re going to have to start taking even better care of yourself now.” He lay back down and pulled my head to rest on his chest. “I won’t have you getting ill if we can avoid it.”

I rolled my eyes before winding my arms around him the best I could, “Why do I feel like you’re going to get really protective before long?”

“Because I will, you’re my pregnant wife. I’d love to see someone attempt to get close to you, especially those Milefore bastards.”

I sweat dropped, “You do realize they’re our allies now right?”

Reborn’s brow quirked, “Are you really blind to the way Byakuran looks at you?”

“What are you talking about?”

Reborn deadpanned, “You are really related to No-good-Tsuna.”

“Reborn!” I smacked him.

The Mafioso only smirked in response.