Chapter 2: Basil of Baker Street

'Is it this way? Or this way?' I thought as I look around the street. "Are we lost, (y/n)?" Olivia asked as I look down at her. "I'm not sure, Olivia. We might be. But maybe if we keep walking maybe we can find somebody to help us get to Baker Street." I said and that's when Olivia bursts into tears. "Oh, Olivia....please....please calm down." I said as I kneel down and wrap my arms around her and she sobs into my shoulder.

"I want Daddy!" She cried.

"I know, Olivia. I know." I said as I hold back tears.

"Oh! Oh my! Are you alright, my dears?" I hear a male's voice say. I turn around and see a mouse with a big belly and a mustache. I pick up Olivia as she continues to sob and I face the mouse in front of me. He sees Olivia crying and pulls out a handkerchief. "Here, dry your eyes, little one." He said, kindly, as Olivia takes the handkerchief and blows her nose on it and hands it back to him. He puts it back in his pocket as Olivia calms down some.

"Ah, yes, that's better. Now tell me, what's troubling you, my dears?" He asked.

"We are lost, sir. We're trying to find Basil of Baker Street." I replied as I hand him the newspaper clipping. "Famous detective solves baffling disappearance. Hmmm. But where is your husband?" He asked me. I chuckled and said. "I'm not married. She's my little sister. It's our father we are looking for. That's why we must find Basil." And Olivia begins to sob into my chest again. "There, there, there." I whispered to her as I hug her tightly.

"Well, I don't know any Basil..." He said and I look at him sadly, but then he gave me a warm smile and said. "But I do remember where Baker Street is." Olivia's and mine faces brighten up as he said this. "Oh, thank you Mr..." I said.

"Dawson. Dr. David Q Dawson." He said, proudly.

"Thank you, Dr Dawson. I'm sorry if we are imposing on you." I said as he waves his hands.

"Not at all, my dear. Come on. Come with me. We'll find this Basil chap together." said Dawson.

"Thank you." Olivia said, softly as I set her down on her feet and take her hand as the three of us set off to Baker Street.

We finally arrived at 221 1/2 Baker Street and Dawson knocks on the door. An older female mouse, carrying books, blankets and pillows and even a teacup and a medical mace, answers the door. Dawson removes his hat courteously and said. "Good evening, Madame. Is this the residence of Basil of Baker Street?" "I'm afraid it is. He's not here at the moment. But you're welcome to come in and wait." She said.

"Oh, we don't want to impose. It's just my sister and I..." I trailed off as I look down and noticed that Olivia was gone. I look around Dawson and I in a panic as I don't see her anywhere. "Olivia?!" I shouted.

Dawson looks towards the house and taps my shoulder and points to the inside of the house and I see Olivia sitting by the fireplace examining a magnifying glass with interest. "Oh my! You poor dear! You must be chilled to the bone!" The lady exclaimed as she tosses her stuff at Dawson and I.

Luckily I have great reflexes and help Dawson grab some stuff. As Dawson and I enter the house, the lady takes off Olivia's hat and wings it dry, as it was raining earlier, then she removes her scarf. "Oh, but I know just the thing. Let me fetch you a pot of tea and some of my fresh cheese crumpets." She said and she rushes into another room, which I suppose is the kitchen, and shuts the door.

Dawson and I set down the pile of stuff the lady shoved in our hands and I look around the place, fascinated by what I'm seeing. A small propeller since operating a bellow and attached to that are several cigarettes and a pipe, all which are puffing.