Chapter 3: Ratigan

*3rd Person view*

Inside of a prison, deep within the sewers of London, a mechanical robot is pouring tea. Flaversham is working the podium, controlling the movements. Ratigan is standing at the door, watching the progress.

He chuckles evilly and said. "Quite an ingenious scheme, eh, Flaversham? And aren't you proud to be a part of it?"  

"This whole thing...I-I-it's monstrous!" Flaversham exclaimed as he controls the robot to pour a spoonful of sugar into the teacup and stir.

"We will have our device let ready by tomorrow evening, won't we? You know what will happen if you....fail?" Ratigan asked him, as he holds up a small gold bell. He rings it once, but instead of being afraid of it, Flaversham becomes angry and defiant. "I-I-I don't care!" He shouted and he jerks the controls, hard, making the robot dump the tea on its head.

The robot seizes the teapot and pours that onto its head as well, then hurls it towards Ratigan, who dodges just in time. The robot flails around for a few moments then suddenly stops, but not before squinting oil out, which lands on Ratigan's coat.

He scowls as the the resultant stain as Flaversham said. You can do what you want with me. I won't be a part of this...this...this his evil any longer!" Ratigan wipes away the oil on his coat and breathes out his cigarette smoke and smiles. "Mmm...very well. If that is your decision. Oh, uh, by the way, I'm taking the liberty of having your daughters brought here." Ratigan said, biting off his rage, them he picks up the ballerina doll and winds it up.

"O-Olivia? (Y/N)?" Flaversham asked, fear creeping in his heart.

"Yes. Hm-hm, yes." said Ratigan as he sets the doll down and watch it dance

"I would spend many a sleepless night of anything unfortunate were to befall them." He said, mockingly.

"You....you wouldn't?" Flaversham asked, fearfully. Ratigan picks up the doll and squeezes it until it breaks. He gazes at it in a mock sorrow, then lunges threateningly at Flaversham. "FINISH IT, FLAVERSHAM!" He yelled and he turns and walks out the door as Flaversham, with a heavy heart, does as he is told.

"Oh, I love it when I'm nasty." Ratigan said as he writes out a list. He looks above the doorway to another barrel, where Fidget is hanging from a faucet, sleeping. "Fidget?" Ratigan calls but Fidget doesn't wake up. "FIDGET!" Ratigan yelled. Startled, the bat falls from his perch and rolls down the stairs at Ratigan's feet.

"Bright and alert as always. Here's the list. You know what to do, and no mistakes!" He said to Fidget, who takes the paper and looks it over.

"No, no. No mistakes, sir. Tools, gears, girls, uniforms..." Fidget said reading out the list.

"NOW, Fidget!" Ratigan yelled.

"I'm going, I'm going! I'm going!" Fidget said and he rushes over to a drain gratel, lifts it up and disappears below.

Inside of the barrel, Ratigan approaches his throne, being cheered by his men. He sits down and holds out his cigarette, several hands offer lit matches, and he lights it and inhales, blowing out several smoke rings. "My friends, we are about to embark on the most odious, the most evil, the most diabolical scheme of my illustrious career. A crime to top all crimes....a crime that will live in infamy!" Ratigan said and his men cheered, well all but one, named Bartholomew, whose attention is focused on his empty mug.

He holds it upside down and watches, sadly, as the last drop of beer falls to the floor. Ratigan holds up a newspaper featuring the Queen's picture on the front page.

"Tomorrow evening, our beloved monarch celebrates her Diamond Jubilee, and...with the enthusiastic help of our good friend, Mr Flaversham, it promises to be a night she will never forget." Ratigan said and he burns the Queen's picture with his cigarette and his men chuckle and cheer.